Motherboard
Lenovo Y50-70 (Clover)
CPU
i7-4710HQ/HM86
Graphics
HD4600, GTX 860m 4gb, 3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have laptop y50-70 UHD, i7-4710hq, gtx 860m, 16gb ram. I did follow the tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168612/ and when I load all files from the git, and reboot, the screen starts to flicker and ends with black screen. With the previous basic clover it was possible to use OS X now I can't do anything (I can reboot with pendrive clover and change to the previous basic clover). Any tips for newbie? :) Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, I have laptop y50-70 UHD, i7-4710hq, gtx 860m, 16gb ram. I did follow the tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168612/ and when I load all files from the git, and reboot, the screen starts to flicker and ends with black screen. With the previous basic clover it was possible to use OS X now I can't do anything (I can reboot with pendrive clover and change to the previous basic clover). Any tips for newbie? :) Thanks in advance.

You did not fill out your profile as clearly requested in the guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Okey! Thanks for reply. I just completed those fields :)

Okey! Thanks for reply. I just completed those fields :)

With UHD screen, you must set DVMT-prealloc as mentioned in the guide.
Those steps are not optional.

Yes I know, I did it with efi shell (Bios version v1.14)

But in the OS X info graphics show me 31 mb :/ is it the case when DVMT-prealloc is not changed? Is any other way to check it? because I'm almost sure that I changed it.

But in the OS X info graphics show me 31 mb :/

Nothing to do with DVMT-prealloc.
It sounds to me like you didn't follow the guide.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

is it the case when DVMT-prealloc is not changed? Is any other way to check it? because I'm almost sure that I changed it.

You can check in the UEFI shell with setup_var (eg. setup_var with index param only will get the current value).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back