Contribute
Register

Help With HP Pavillion 15 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete the fakesmc.kext from /l/e

also update your realtek kext:
I’ve also just setup the voodoo PS2 Kext which has worked straight away perfectly, nothing is shown in the network pane still though and system report shows “no Ethernet cards”

nothing is shown in the network pane still though and system report shows “no Ethernet cards”
Identify your actual network interface controller and verify that the kext that you are attempting to install actually supports it.

The fake smc and voodoo drivers now all show in the kextstat command after being put in clovers Kexts/other folder. Are they meant to? I’ll check my NIC now, where can I find the list of compatible controllers? In windows the adapter is called “Realtek Gbe Family Controller”. I’m checking the actual interface name as we speak in device manager

My mistake, it’s actually a “Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller”. I also have an RTL8188EE WiFi adapter that I’d quite like working but this isn’t a must I’d rather the Ethernet

My mistake, it’s actually a “Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller”. I also have an RTL8188EE WiFi adapter that I’d quite like working but this isn’t a must I’d rather the Ethernet
hackintool pci devices may show you what hardware you have

I’ve just found a different version that someone reported to work with this controller. Miezes 810x Kext which I’m going to try out now fingers crossed

The fake smc and voodoo drivers now all show in the kextstat command after being put in clovers Kexts/other folder

kextcache and kextstat are two different things.

Identify your actual network interface controller and verify that the kext that you are attempting to install actually supports it.

The new driver I found worked perfectly!! Thank you so much everyone for all of your help! I’m planning to use my Hackintosh to build apps in Xcode. Are there any known problems or Kexts that I will need to be able to download Xcode and build? IE will I be able to usb my iPhone for testing without an external Kext?

The new driver I found worked perfectly!! Thank you so much everyone for all of your help! I’m planning to use my Hackintosh to build apps in Xcode. Are there any known problems or Kexts that I will need to be able to download Xcode and build? IE will I be able to usb my iPhone for testing without an external Kext?
should be fine as is :)

should be fine as is :)
Again thank you so much to both of you! You’ve saved me so much time that I can now use to begin developing the apps my clients want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back