Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170A Gaming M5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RTX 2060
Hello all!
I was wondering if someone can help me with my hackintosh hp 8300 elitedesk SFF.

I've tried this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-6300-pro-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.265384/ with mutliple different flash drives on all the usb ports. I carefully followed this guide step by step and I am not able to get either my 16gb usb2 microcenter flash drive or my 16gb usb3 sandisk usb drive to come up in the boot menu. It comes up when i turn legacy support on but it still doesnt boot and it just boots on the windows 7 hdd instead.I followed the steps very carefully.

I'm using bios 2.99, like it says to.

Your USB does not have EFI partition, read this to create a correct bootable USB for macOS:

Format

Create

After that, go to BIOS settings turn off CSM or Legacy Storage, use UEFI Storage instead.

this is exactily what I did but i used

sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

instead. Is the EFI partition supposed to be completely serperate? I thought it was just a folder

this is exactily what I did but i used

sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

instead. Is the EFI partition supposed to be completely serperate? I thought it was just a folder

EFI partition is not a just a folder, it is a partition. Download and install Clover Configurator, choose Mount EFI on the left side, open the EFI partition, copy your EFI folder there.

these files and folders you put there along with "Install macOS Mojave" are useless. you have to put them in the EFI partition of the USB stick.

this appears to have worked! i booted into clover!

but it still doesnt boot and it just boots on the windows 7 hdd instead.I followed the steps very carefully.
The guide should tell you to disconnect all Windows and Linux drives while performing the macOS install. All you have to do is detach the sata data cable to the windows drive. Connect it back up after the macOS install.

these files and folders you put there along with "Install macOS Mojave" are useless. you have to put them in the EFI partition of the USB stick.

After booting and selecting the flashdrive, i get a solid apple logo and no loading bar or indicator. its been sitting like this for like 30 minutes. I re-tried multiple times and i did the whole install process on a different flash drive. It's just a solid apple logo.

add -v to config.plist boot args, agian, use clover configurator to edit. This is to show debug messages during booting, you will see what went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back