i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all I was just wondering if there's a certain hard drive I need to do this. I want to get a new hard drive to swap out my hard drive that I'm using right now for more space and I would also like the hard drive to be able to handle using parallels or vm ware. I have a HP ProBook 4530s running 10.8.2 currently. I don't know if you need to know that or not. I've been out of the loop of "hackintoshery" for a bit and need your guys help. Thanks is advance!!!!

Hi all I was just wondering if there's a certain hard drive I need to do this. I want to get a new hard drive to swap out my hard drive that I'm using right now for more space and I would also like the hard drive to be able to handle using parallels or vm ware. I have a HP ProBook 4530s running 10.8.2 currently. I don't know if you need to know that or not. I've been out of the loop of "hackintoshery" for a bit and need your guys help. Thanks is advance!!!!

Pretty much any harddrive that fits the machine will work (SATA interface, 2.5"). You can read the HP service manual (download from HP.com) for specifics.

Any HDD with 4k/AF sectors is going to have you doing the boot0 fix, which is called out in the guide and not really a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back