Motherboard
Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 / OC 0.6
CPU
i7-1075h
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 (0x3e9b) / 4k UHD OLED Touch
Hello Everyone,

Context:

I have a Razer Blade 17 Pro 2020 with Intel i7-10750h CPU and Intel UHD Graphics 630 (0x3e9b) GPU. The laptop has a secondary GPU but it's behind a mux and I have switched to Intel for the Hackintosh stuff in bios (and disabled it through WEG). I'm attempting to run macOS Catalina and have followed the OpenCore Laptop Guide to make my config. My laptop bios is locked so I'm using stolenmem patch.

The problem:

I cannot get GPU acceleration to work on this machine, it's the last major hurdle before it becomes fully functional.

What I've tried so far:

I was able to install without GPU acceleration using `3EA50009` as `ig-platform-id` (I tried `1234567` as an invalid ID but it wouldn't boot with it for whatever reason). As per the OC Laptop Guide, I've tried booting with `device-id` faked to `9B3E0000` and `ig-platform-id` set to `3EA50009`, but the screen either goes blank or gets stuck when GUI takes over.

I've also tried patching BusIDs (from OC Desktop Guide) but either I did them wrong or they simply did not work for me.

I've tried using Hackintool to generate a FrameBuffer patch but the Hackintool FB patch also gets stuck the same way.

Note that the hackintosh still boots fine without GPU accel if I use the`ig-platform-id` I used for installation mentioned above.

Anybody got any ideas on what I could be doing wrong or should try?
If your suggestion works, Starbuck's on me!

That's the same CPU/GPU as XPS 9500. The dev-id is actually 0x9bc4 for the 10750H.

I managed to get Catalina running with GPU acceleration for the XPS - refer to https://github.com/zachs78/MacOS-XPS-9500-OpenCore

You should be able to grab the GPU device section and use it as is.

Thank you for sharing zachs78! It's certainly a good pointer, I think I'll need to do more headbanging.
I'm stuck on this when I boot copying relevant parts from that config:

> IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3

Thank you for sharing zachs78! It's certainly a good pointer, I think I'll need to do more headbanging.
I'm stuck on this when I boot copying relevant parts from that config:

> IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3
Have you tired to set the DVMT to 64mb in Bios. You can refer to this post:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back