Optiplex 9020 Sff
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Tried a lot of different methods.

This is my first hackintosh so I could be way off.

Specs: Motherboard in title
i3-2100 processor
2 GB DDR 3
1 TB hitachi
Evga 1 GB DDR3 8400 GS

I can get past the welcome video no problem using the normal iboot+multibeast method.

When I use the DSDT from the database and run UserDSDT it won't boot on it's own. Just a black screen then boot loop.

Any help would be great.

chuckw said:
Tried a lot of different methods.

This is my first hackintosh so I could be way off.

Specs: Motherboard in title
i3-2100 processor
2 GB DDR 3
1 TB hitachi
Evga 1 GB DDR3 8400 GS

I can get past the welcome video no problem using the normal iboot+multibeast method.

When I use the DSDT from the database and run UserDSDT it won't boot on it's own. Just a black screen then boot loop.

Any help would be great.

Have you selected System Utilities in MultiBeast as well when you set the UserDSDT option? And have you installed Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Combo Update?

I'm not sure if I did that. I know I tried a lot of different things in multibeast. I did forget to change the dsdt to dsdt.aml so I am not sure if I tried that after I made that change.

When I tried the 10.6.8 update I only got the "You need to reboot" screen.

chuckw said:
I'm not sure if I did that. I know I tried a lot of different things in multibeast. I did forget to change the dsdt to dsdt.aml so I am not sure if I tried that after I made that change.

When I tried the 10.6.8 update I only got the "You need to reboot" screen.

I think you should first update your system to 10.6.8 before running MultiBeast.

To avoid the Kernel Panic that may occur, check this : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

After successfully installing 10.6.8 Combo Update (don't restart), follow the instructions in "iBoot + MultiBeast", launch MultiBeast and try again.

Here's what I did.

Fresh install like normal. Works fine for first boot using iBoot.

Get past the welcome video. I use multibeast with userDSDT (with DSDT.aml on the desktop). I check UserDSDT, system utilities, and all the other checks I think I need. After that is through I ran updatehelper. Then I reboot according to the guide.

Then with iBoot I get the "you need to restart" screen right after the Apple boot screen loads and spins for a bit.

Without iBoot it just gets stuck in a boot loop.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I am using a PS/2 windows keyboard and a usb mouse.

chuckw said:
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I am using a PS/2 windows keyboard and a usb mouse.
Mous should be no problem. My Ps2 keyboard causes varying levels of rage by the machine at bootup. I just unplug it if I'm not mucking about in bios or booting to win7. My Bluetooth keyboard works fine once osx is booted.

Have you tried doing multibeast in small steps instead of all at once? One thing that multi did to me was install nvclock kext which caused kp's since I have an ati card. The wrong sound driver also caused panic. I'd install 10.6.3 then 10.6.8 combo update, then minimal multibeast w/ dsdt and reboot. Can you boot in with -x flag at the boot loader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back