Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Has anyone ever encountered problems with trying to find DevicePath for their iGPU using the gfxutil tool?

Not sure if it's because I'm using a 9th gen Intel chip, but I'm having the hardest time trying to find the Pci path for my CPU's integrated graphics (currently running Sapphire RX 580 as my primary graphics card).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.10.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.10.37 PM.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,566
Has anyone ever encountered problems with trying to find DevicePath for their iGPU using the gfxutil tool?
Not sure if it's because I'm using a 9th gen Intel chip, but I'm having the hardest time trying to find the Pci path for my CPU's integrated graphics (currently running Sapphire RX 580 as my primary graphics card).
Open terminal, drag and drop the gfxutil executable into the terminal window, space -f and give it the name of your iGPU device. Example:
Code:
gfxutil -f IGPU
The name of the device depends on what you named it either by Clover rename device or DSDT/SSDT renames. You can use gfxutil to find the PCI path for any device btw, not just GPUs.

Cool, thanks for the reply, @Pavo . I did what you mentioned, but I'm getting the message attached in the screenshot.

My Clover DSDT currently has the 'Change GFX to IGPU' Find and Replace hexes patched (if that makes any difference).

Is there any alternative way to figure out what my iGPU device path is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 7.01.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 7.01.35 PM.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 729
Cool, thanks for the reply, @Pavo . I did what you mentioned, but I'm getting the message attached in the screenshot.
My Clover DSDT currently has the 'Change GFX to IGPU' Find and Replace hexes patched (if that makes any difference).
It has to be capitalized, all device names are capitalized. Like I showed in the code snippet in previous post. Also you should be running gfxutil like below:
Code:
./User/randyem/Desktop/gfx\ utility\ 1.77b.RELEASE/gfxutil -f IGPU
You always wanna run an executable from fullpath tense the . ! Or you could always just cd into the gfxutil directory on your desktop, which is recommended and run it like this:
Code:
cd Desktop/gfx\ utility\ 1.77b.RELEASE/
./gfxutil -f IGPU

It has to be capitalized, all device names are capitalized. Like I showed in the code snippet in previous post. Also you should be running gfxutil like below:
Code:
./User/randyem/Desktop/gfx\ utility\ 1.77b.RELEASE/gfxutil -f IGPU

Still getting the same error message for both methods you mentioned (attched below). Could it be a hardware issue and the iGPU is potentially malfunctioning?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.03.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.03.29 PM.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 488

The IGPU path is always PciRoot(0)/Pci(2,0)

@RehabMan Roger that... Was seeing that most people's iGPU devicepath was that. I was looking more to figure out this information so I could double-verify that I was using the correct path, but just found it strange that it kept giving me errors.

I'll likely proceed with the IGPU path you mentioned. Thanks!

@RehabMan Roger that... Was seeing that most people's iGPU devicepath was that. I was looking more to figure out this information so I could double-verify that I was using the correct path, but just found it strange that it kept giving me errors.

I'll likely proceed with the IGPU path you mentioned. Thanks!

Not possible to tell what you're actually doing without PR files...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back