Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys...just hoping someone can help me sort out booting with Clover.

I have a working ML install using the latest Unibeast/Multibeast combo and Chimera 2.2. I had a lot of trouble getting the Unibeast USB stick to boot, but finally made that happen by simply copying over my working Extra folder to the stick.

I'm including my files here for reference. My hardware is as described in the subject, a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P with Nvidia 430 GT and Core2 Quad 8300 processor at 2 GHz. I lifted a DSDT.aml file that has been working for me from one of the other hackintosh sites' databases.

Working org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
    <key>Scan Single Drive</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The Scan Single Drive directive is included to prevent Chimera from choking on my attached Time Machine drive, as per that unfortunate thread.

Working smbios.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>SMfamily</key>
    <string>Mac Pro</string>
    <key>SMproductname</key>
    <string>MacPro3,1</string>
    <key>SMboardproduct</key>
    <string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
    <key>SMserial</key>
    <string>G88269625J5</string>
    <key>SMbiosversion</key>
    <string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Keylayout.dylib is the only thing in modules, and aside from the themes folder and the DSDT.aml, the only other thing in /Extra is a file called nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001a4d56fa1d which has permissions that make it inaccessible to me under normal circumstances (haven't tried root access). The system boots just fine without that file, it should be noted.

The only things I added in Multibeast to get Mavericks running with all hardware enabled were the 81xx ethernet driver (couldn't figure out why my en0 wasn't showing up until I remembered not checking this) and the 889A audio drivers. Network worked out of the box, and the system is super snappy and proved quite stable under Lion and ML and so far Mavericks.

Only problem remaining is that old iLife, iWork and Aperture (all installed from disk) will not update from App Store even though it says updates available. I think this has something to do with the boot loader, and I'm hoping booting it successfully once with Clover will fix it. I could be wrong. Everything else, iCloud, iMessage, other App Store downloads, etc., works just fine.

Clover I set up basically vanilla and finally got it to get past the Apple logo last night, but the screen went black. I had some difficulty prior to that with a kernel panic, but I think adding FakeSMC to the /EFI/kexts/Other folder solved that. I just don't know my way around its config.plist, which I didn't change from stock. This is Clover 2236. I tried Clover Configurator, but it just seems like a GUI to the same options, and I don't know what I'm doing there, either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Update: Just got Clover to boot existing Mavericks install via USB drive. App Store apps updating as I type this.

Holy crap.

Turning on Nvidia injection in config.plist seems to have done trick. Inserted working DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

FSInject64.efi and UsbMouseDxe-64.edi in .../drivers64

It auto reported as Imac10,1 where Mac3,1 was what I used in Chameleon/Chimera.

Seems a tad sluggish, but not too much so. Could this be a result of booting from USB stick instead of having this stuff on HD? Hesitant to put it on HD or create a real installer quite yet, but pleased to have access to updates!

Can you share the rest of your plist settings? maybe screen shots of the Clover Configurator tabs? My USB is not even booting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back