Contribute
Register

Help with Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 in Sierra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I dont think it was ever working on older OS either. Although the USB 3.0 ports are on the back of the tower so always used the front USB 2.0 ports.

I would really like to get them working now if possible.

Motherboard:
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

USB Chipset:
Etron EJ168

Anyone point me in the right direction? Search has not been my friend with this issue.

Yup, tried it in L/E, S/L/E and in Clover EFI. Dont know where its supposed to go, but it didnt work anywhere.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Did you get any resolution on this?

If you have this motherboard or this USB chipset, USB 3.0 will not work. End of story.

Pickup a supported PCI-E USB 3.0/3.1 card. I have not done so as of yet, so no recommendations there.

This one is on the recommended hardware list..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7UXJJI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

But I am going to pass on it as there is no internal USB header to connect a front panel USB port to.

If you have this motherboard or this USB chipset, USB 3.0 will not work. End of story.

Pickup a supported PCI-E USB 3.0/3.1 card. I have not done so as of yet, so no recommendations there.

This one is on the recommended hardware list..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7UXJJI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

But I am going to pass on it as there is no internal USB header to connect a front panel USB port to.

A lot of those 3rd party chipsets which Sandy bridge motherboards come with are not worth it. From Series 7 + has native USB 3 support.

I wish I found this post earlier. I have GA-Z68XP-D3 and my USB3.0 ports are working OK with Maverix, El Cap and Sierra. But only Maverix sleeps well, newer systems never sleep because of it. As well as with the man who started the thread I wish I could trade my backpanel USB3.0 ports (read: never used) to the restful sleep of Sierra on my machine.

I just updated to Sierra 10.12.4 today from 10.10.5 in order to get my new 1050ti to work. USB3 no go. Thanks to you nice folks didn't end up wasting hours trying to make it work. Will use Linux for the heavy moving, till the prices of USB 3.1 adapters fall a bit

Last edited:
I just updated to Sierra 10.12.4 today from 10.10.5 in order to get my new 1050ti to work. USB3 no go. Thanks to you nice folks didn't end up wasting hours trying to make it work. Will use Linux for the heavy moving, till the prices of USB 3.1 adapters fall a bit

Got USB 3.0 Etron working on Yosemite (also detected on system profiler) with GenericUSBXHCI. On sierra, there's no USB 3.0 in USB Device Tree but still working, just when I copy some file with USB 3.0 to external Hardisk then I plug a thumb drive to another USB 2 port, My Z68MA D2H B3 usually KP and restarting :lol:
Hope anyone can resolve this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 5.14.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 5.14.45 PM.png
    569.6 KB · Views: 763
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.37.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.37.53 AM.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 702
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back