Contribute
Register

Help with EFI & NSURLErrorDomain error (10.13.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had a lengthy update process to go from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2, which made me start to evaluate my configuration a little bit. I've looked, but didn't know where to find answers to the below:

- Do I need to have AppleALC AND CodecCommander, or is AppleALC redundant? For what it's worth, CodecCommander was throwing a fit until I updated it (halting boot after upgrading to 10.13.2).

- Does CodecCommander need to be in /System/Library/Extensions, or can I drop it into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other like the other kexts? I'm not sure what the best practice is, or if I have to have it in /S/L/E.

Finally, when checking for updates on the App Store, I get this message:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)
If I disable the "Install macOS updates" checkbox in System Preferences, this message doesn't appear. I can update all of my installed programs, but the system updates aren't coming through on the App Store. I am using SmUUID, and can use Messages & FaceTime without issue.

Any advice you all can offer is greatly appreciated - I'd like to make sure I don't have redundancies & that I've got everything in the "preferred" directory to help make future upgrade processes simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back