Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 14Z 412L
CPU
I5 2430M/HM76
Graphics
HD3000 1366x768
Hi,

First thanks to all of you,especially RehabMan for all of this.
New to this forum and new to the Mac OS X world.

I have a Dell M6300,used a similar machine's DSDT (Dell M4300.aml) to have installed the 10.10.2.

With modified kext for BCM5722D and installation of VoodooHDA,the lan and sound are OK.
The graphics card is displayed as Quadro FX360M while actually mine is Quadro FX1600.In windows,there is a cache tech with 512MB,but in Mac OS X,only 256MB of it's physical RAM.
The webcam works all right,but to my surprise the same SD card reader is on the USB too,doesn't work,even after VoodooSDHCI.

More importantly is that the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is not loadable,the graphics card is running at top speed and it got quite hot.I know it's the DSDT I should patch.I learnt I shall insert a DTGP function and many other patches.I believe due to this I get dark screen before seeing logging screen quite often.Sometimes it's just OK,only the GPU temp is above 90 degrees Celsius.

So I can't stay on the Mac OS platform too long for the high temp of GPU,it'll burn out.

I need someone who can patiently patch my DSDT and SSDT,I have included all the tables and codec.txt. Some are scattered in all of those tables.

I have included the m4300.aml too.

Thanks.

Attachments

• my_acpi.zip
    38 KB · Views: 63
  • M4300.aml
    22.9 KB · Views: 108
I have a Dell M6300,used a similar machine's DSDT (Dell M4300.aml) to have installed the 10.10.2.

A very bad idea. Patch your own native files instead.

A very bad idea. Patch your own native files instead.

Yeah,I know RehabMan, thanks.

I have no long time access to Mac OS to patch the DSDT/SSDT.

Can you do them for me?

Thanks so much.

Yeah,I know RehabMan, thanks.

I have no long time access to Mac OS to patch the DSDT/SSDT.

Can you do them for me?

Thanks so much.

Install Yosemite on your laptop. Patching DSDT/SSDT is done post-install.

Oh,RehabMan,

My guru,already installed Yosemite.This is the only laptop I have now.
The gpu is too hot,I can only be in Yosemite several minutes for fear it will burn out.

So no Mac OS platform to patch my DSDT/SSDT.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks so much.

Oh,RehabMan,

My guru,already installed Yosemite.This is the only laptop I have now.
The gpu is too hot,I can only be in Yosemite several minutes for fear it will burn out.

So no Mac OS platform to patch my DSDT/SSDT.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks so much.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi,RehabMan,

Really appreaciate your help.As attached is the IOregistry which can be opened by IOregistry.

Attachments

• Dell’s MacBook Pro.zip
    410.6 KB · Views: 54
Hi,RehabMan,

Really appreaciate your help.As attached is the IOregistry which can be opened by IOregistry.

Please fill out your profile with hardware details as described in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

You might want to read here about GPU PM: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

I don't know much about the nvidia stuff as I have no such hardware and no plans to purchase any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back