CPU
Intel i5 5200u
Graphics
Integrated Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi!

I have been able to install Mac OS X El Capitan on my Dell Inspiron 7558. It is running good aside from my audio which I can't get working. I have a Realtek ALC 255, I have already gotten my DSDT in .dsl but I can't edit it! I am trying to get it so I can inject Audio Layout 3 from RehabMan's Laptop Patches on github. However, when I try to compile I keep getting the error "Name already exists in the scope (_DSM)". I am using MaciASL with ACPI 6.1.

I have also made sure that I cleaned my systems of any other drivers, using a guide from /u/corpnewt on /r/hackintosh and following his Audio Mechanic guide.

I would appreciate any help! I have attached config.plist and DSDT.dsl below!

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    715.7 KB · Views: 184
  • config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 242
Hi!

I have been able to install Mac OS X El Capitan on my Dell Inspiron 7558. It is running good aside from my audio which I can't get working. I have a Realtek ALC 255, I have already gotten my DSDT in .dsl but I can't edit it! I am trying to get it so I can inject Audio Layout 3 from RehabMan's Laptop Patches on github. However, when I try to compile I keep getting the error "Name already exists in the scope (_DSM)". I am using MaciASL with ACPI 6.1.

I have also made sure that I cleaned my systems of any other drivers, using a guide from /u/corpnewt on /r/hackintosh and following his Audio Mechanic guide.

I would appreciate any help! I have attached config.plist and DSDT.dsl below!

Thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hi RehabMan! I've re read that post a few times now. I don't seem to see the solution in the thread however, I understand that it may be as simple as removing a line, but I'm not sure what to do.

Hint: The guide clearly mentions using "Remove _DSM methods" or "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" prior to applying other patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back