GMAX3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I've tried everything but without success.
I've managed to het the installer to work on my laptop, but when I actually install it, after installed, it won't boot in any way,tried with a thousand of flags, no luck.
it stuck on Waiting for root device.
Of course I've AHCI enabled in my bios, in fact this laptop already run's OS X 10.6.8 perfectly, everything is working.
Please help me, thanks in advance

Spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5450
4gb of RAM
Intel GMAX3100

Booted with: -v -x arch=i386 to reach the installer, using the old AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily to avoid freeze during install.

Hi,
I've tried everything but without success.
I've managed to het the installer to work on my laptop, but when I actually install it, after installed, it won't boot in any way,tried with a thousand of flags, no luck.
it stuck on Waiting for root device.
Of course I've AHCI enabled in my bios, in fact this laptop already run's OS X 10.6.8 perfectly, everything is working.
Please help me, thanks in advance

Spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5450
4gb of RAM
Intel GMAX3100

Booted with: -v -x arch=i386 to reach the installer, using the old AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily to avoid freeze during install.

From where did you download Lion 10.7?

One of my friend gave me his Apple ID, he has bought it in 2011

Did you download from the Mac App Store? If so, it is 10.7.5, not 10.7.

Yes, it's 10.7.5.
Anyway I got it to boot now, but only in safe mode:
in fact if I write arch=i386 -v it stuck on DSMOS HAS ARRIVED, I've searched online and I saw that It's a graphic problem, so I remove all the graphics kext (nvidia, ati, Intel) and it pass it but it now stuck on what you see in the Photo
image.jpg

Yes, it's 10.7.5.
Anyway I got it to boot now, but only in safe mode:
in fact if I write arch=i386 -v it stuck on DSMOS HAS ARRIVED, I've searched online and I saw that It's a graphic problem, so I remove all the graphics kext (nvidia, ati, Intel) and it pass it but it now stuck on what you see in the Photo

What is the output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal?

Note: If you really do have X3100, keep in mind there is no 64-bit support for it. You will need to use 32-bit (arch=i386) always. And you will probably need to inject some properties for the graphics. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes? (assuming you're using Chameleon).

I know that I have to use arch=i386, in fact as I said, I already have snow leopard working on this laptop, and also graphics is working (I have to use the sleep trick anyway).
I'm using chimera which is the same as chameleon, I will try with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but I don't think it would work.
Just for information, in snow leopard I just use arch=i386 to boot

EDIT:

I got it to boot without -x but I have to use -f, that doesn't matter

NEWS: repairing the disk permission did the trick, now it boot without -x or -f, but the problem now is the graphics i'm trying to get it to work, with GraphicsEnabler=Yes it recognize the model but no full resolution or QE/CI, still trying...

Other news: got the native 1280x800 resolution to work, now the only thing the miss is the QE/CI, I have some info of my graphics card, it's a GMAX3100 0x2a02 rev. 0x000c.
Of course it said "no next loaded"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back