Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I just updated Clover to version 3333 and now when I boot up, I get no countdown at the bootloader screen. It doesn't boot into an OS until I select one and press enter.

I checked the config.plist file and the Timeout time is set to 5, so it SHOULD still count down, but it doesn't.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi all, I just updated Clover to version 3333 and now when I boot up, I get no countdown at the bootloader screen. It doesn't boot into an OS until I select one and press enter.

I checked the config.plist file and the Timeout time is set to 5, so it SHOULD still count down, but it doesn't.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

For Timeout to work, you also have to have your default boot volume set as DefaultVolume. You can specify the volume by its name, GUID (which you can get using diskutil - note this is the volume GUID, not the device GUID), device path (which you can get from Clover's logs), or LastBootedVolume (a special case that boots from your last booted volume). Here are some examples (taken from the official Clover documentation):

Code:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>your boot drive name here</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>HD(1,GPT,57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C,0x800,0xFF000)</string>

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

For Timeout to work, you also have to have the name of your default boot drive set as DefaultVolume, like this:

Code:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>your boot drive name here</string>
Oh okay. Thanks buddy. I'll check that.

UPDATE: That did the trick. Thanks buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back