Contribute
Register

Help with Catalina Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed preboot but want to leave recovery volume, how do I change the icon for it, the clover theme I am using is called catalina, and has an icon for it, but it just won´t show.

Thanks

Manuel

I did but haven´t been able to get the icon for the recovery volume right, it shows the same OSX icon on clover. Tried modifying the .plist in the theme, the config .plist, using clover configurator etc.

Will keep trying
Thanks

Manuel

Nice menu, very simple, thanks I guess I´ll just hide it, still it would be good to understand how the icon thing works.

Thanks

Manuel

I followed your lead and simplified my login menu, it looks great and is simple enough.

Thanks !!!!!!

Manuel

Attachments

• IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Hi,

I made the mistake of changing my video card from an Nvidia GT 710 2Gb to a Radeon Pro WX 3200, and it is not really working well at all, Catalina is not recognizing it, and I have no idea how to make it work. I read on another thread that it could be injected as a Radeon 560 Pro, and that it would work well. What is meant by this "fake ID 0x67EF1002 in clover boot menu screen " or "in Clover ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002".
Thanks
Manuel

UPDATE
I managed to inject it using Clover Configurator, the card is recognized as a polaris 12, but now I have other issues. My USB wifi is not being recognized, and the screen flickers a lot while booting after clover. I did add the WEG kext to EFI folder, will this cause an issue ?? And now Hackintool won´t open as well, it just gets stuck in the color wheel. Any advice is welcome.
Thanks.
Manuel

PS
I found this list of GPU IDs and Vendor IDs should be helful to someone, but my GPU is not there, I guess I need to confirm that the either the Polaris 11 or Polaris 12 is my card and leave it at that, but not sure why all the rest of the glitches are happening, had a very stable build.

Another useful page

PPS
I found the data, I am going to try and inject the correct data for the card, hope it works

Captura de pantalla (182).png

I broke my installation, just recovered it, was a grueling process but I just need to use 0x67EF1002, with lilu and weg.

That works fine, everything runs perfect.

Had to reinstall hackintool, now works fine, just get one flicker when booting, which is fine. Managed to get my ethernet running again and my usb wifi as well. Had a kext problem, so basically took them all out and started to install one by one in the clover other folder untill everything worked fine.

So not touching this install anymore. LOL

Anyway hope this helps someone.

Manuel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back