GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Lenovo B50-30 - i7-4785T, model F0AU0002US, S/N S100004M, 12 gb ram, 500 gb SSD

I'm now running Windows 10 in one partition.

Do I need to partition disk? or will Install do it for me?

I'm following instructions on install guide, and wondering after install USB is completed via UniBeast, guide indicates to copy MultiBeast to the USB drive. The MultiBeast download is a directory with items inside, so do I drag and drop the directory, or open directory then drag and drop individual files onto the root directory of the USB?

Also do I need to do same with Clover? or is Clover included in the UniBeast/MultiBeast install package.

I managed successful install of High Sierra on Dell Optiplex 990 2 years ago on a secondary disk, but I forget if I used Clover, however, when I boot up that system, the Clover Bootloader starts and gives me choices of OS to choose from.

thanks in advance,

Rick

Last edited:
Lenovo B50-30 - i7-4785T, model F0AU0002US, S/N S100004M, 12 gb ram, 500 gb SSD

I'm now running Windows 10 in one partition.

Do I need to partition disk? or will Install do it for me?

I'm following instructions on install guide, and wondering after install USB is completed via UniBeast, guide indicates to copy MultiBeast to the USB drive. The MultiBeast download is a directory with items inside, so do I drag and drop the directory, or open directory then drag and drop individual files onto the root directory of the USB?

Also do I need to do same with Clover? or is Clover included in the UniBeast/MultiBeast install package.

I managed successful install of High Sierra on Dell Optiplex 990 2 years ago on a secondary disk, but I forget if I used Clover, however, when I boot up that system, the Clover Bootloader starts and gives me choices of OS to choose from.

thanks in advance,

Rick
Touch screen computer? I don't think MacOS Catalina will work with the touch screen. Are you sure you want to install and run MacOS on it?

If you already made the bootable USB via Unibeast, then that stick is bootable on its own, using the Clover bootloader.

If your computer only has one disk running Windows 10, then assuming you want to keep Windows (Do you?), your only way to try installing MacOS will be to resize the Windows partition, creating a new partition in the vacated blank space, and then install MacOS on that. No idea if the Disk Utility in MacOS Setup will allow you to do that.

One added complication is that of the Disk Partition format your disk uses. If your disk is partitioned using MBR (Master Boot Record), then you will have to erase the disk and repartition it using the GPT (GUID Partition Table) format. This procedure will destroy everything on the disk including your Windows installation. I don't think you want to do this, correct?

Personally I don't think running Windows and MacOS from the same disk is a good idea due to all these considerations.

Touch screen computer? I don't think MacOS Catalina will work with the touch screen. Are you sure you want to install and run MacOS on it?
For some reason the touch screen part isn’t working - not that concerned.

If you already made the bootable USB via Unibeast, then that stick is bootable on its own, using the Clover bootloader.
I followed the directions - but after making the flash drive with UniBeast, I’m supposed to copy Multibeast to the drive.

So Multibeast appears as a folder on my Mac. Do I just drag and drop whole folder to the flash drive main directory?

How do I install Clover? I’m sorry I’m a bit lost! I’ve downloaded latest version but where does it go? On flash drive?

If your computer only has one disk running Windows 10, then assuming you want to keep Windows (Do you?), your only way to try installing MacOS will be to resize the Windows partition, creating a new partition in the vacated blank space, and then install MacOS on that. No idea if the Disk Utility in MacOS Setup will allow you to do that.
I think I can use Windows to partition the drive. In BIOS there’s a place where I can enable multiple OS installs on same disc. Like on Mac boot camp I think it will work.

One added complication is that of the Disk Partition format your disk uses. If your disk is partitioned using MBR (Master Boot Record), then you will have to erase the disk and repartition it using the GPT (GUID Partition Table) format.
I recently wiped the windows SSD and made sure to format using GPT.

This procedure will destroy everything on the disk including your Windows installation. I don't think you want to do this, correct?

An aside there’s a MBR2GPT .exe you can run to convert non destructively.

Personally I don't think running Windows and MacOS from the same disk is a good idea due to all these considerations.
Ok - understood - maybe an external drive would be another option. I’ll consider.

Much appreciated!

It is possible although it looks like this person is running Big Sur instead of Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back