Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached Files ALXEthernet.kext.zip [URL said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/network/77756d1387987371-working-kext-killer-e2200-alxethernet-killer-e2200.zip[/URL]

Open /System/Library/Extensions/
Select “show package contents” on IONetworkingFamily.kext
Open “contents/plugins”
Copy to the desktop ALXEthernet.kext
Then with kext wizard install it to System/Library/Extensions
Then on the maintenance tab repair permissions and rebuild Kext cache on S/L/E
Reboot

That's it!

500e

Originally when I rebooted and launched safari my internet did not work. I got scared and thought I broke my nic. You should add that after reboot you have to go to system preferences and network and it will detect a new device hit okay and apply and wait for the ethernet to go green(takes a few second). Then internet worked. Its a minor but important step. I also think you should add the speed up boot time command. It took me ages to test out my system and different flags because the boot time was so long. With the boot time fast I was able to test things more rapidly. I only needed to do the following to speed up boot time.
Create folder intel_back System/Library/Extensions/
Remove AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and place in intel_back folder. Rebuild kext and reboot. If you can confirm this on your end would be great. Everything else looks great in the post you wrote. That and this thread will have them up and running in no time :headbang:

Hi Magnus and Carp- I will do a highlights post here and Carp can tell me if I missed anything. Then I'll start a new thread.

In the mean time, does anyone know why this happened in the middle of a simple task? I was just opening a new file in Illustrator and the screen filled with this text and froze...
I'm not sure how that happened when you were already booted up. The only time i froze was with usbs but than went away after i reinstalled the usb3.0 drivers. I did however get what i think was that same error when trying to booting into my SSD for the first time to install multibeast. I had to use the flags
GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096 in order to boot. I hope that helps.

Why can't I just select Drivers > Network > Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2?

I have the bluetooth error even though I followed your guide.. I did do a twist on it with the killer though. Didn't quite get the order of when I was supposed to do what. Were I supposed to remove the AppleHDA.kext and then install VoodooHDA v.2.7.3(why old version btw?)? Also I didn't have any AppleHDA.kext, is that kext a product of installing the ALC1150 drivers? I have a SSD so I also enabled the Mavericks trim patch. Also this part is very unclear, I think I just understood it now :eek:

Open /System/Library/Extensions/
Select “show package contents” on IONetworkingFamily.kext
Open “contents/plugins”
Copy to the desktop ALXEthernet.kext
Then with kext wizard install it to System/Library/Extensions

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 500e
I figured the USB audio out! I copied the AppleUSBAudio.kext from the s/l/e on my regular iMac (where my USB speakers were working) and installed it in the s/l/e on my hackintosh via kext wizard and after a reboot the speakers appeared in the system preferences/sound area!

On another topic- have you ever done this (see below)? It knocked about 20 seconds off my boot time and got rid of that "missing bluetooth transport!" boot line that always held it up. My hack goes from start to desktop in about 10 seconds now! I found it on this thread: "Missing bluetooth controller transport!" Error after Mavericks install

First boot with -s
Now type the following commands in the EXACT order:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

touch ../Extensions

reboot

See my previous comment also please, thanks! Carp any better way to solve bluetooth kernel panick?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, now I followed your guide exactly. It still panics with the Bluetooth errors.. Also tried moving the drivers with no effect.. I'm going to try the audio quick fix if I manage to get in somewhere(currently unsuccessful even with -x flags from the USB boot-loader..) Getting a little frustrated, this is my second install and follow of quick instructions since I can't get in I probably have to do a third, would be really happy if we found the problem and can make the third install successful.

Edit: Can't post too much and figured I can just make edits with updates :) I'm on third install and just achieved internet access by downloading the Zip from the thread you linked(http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/120084-working-kext-killer-e2200-5.html). It did not work with the other instructions of just copying my own from inside the family(isn't that what's explained in the thread? that he had to make adjustments in the lower code somewhere?). I'm in safe mode btw, seems I'm stuck here :( I guess you guys are on the other side of the Atlantic? Can't wait til you get home and can give me some advice :p I'm scared of using multibeast though, because it's after I use multibeast it becomes unbootable..

Edit 2: I successfully booted outside safe-mode! Woho! and that very snappy, I was able to leave my sandbox by using Kakar0tt's speed fix :D My Ethernet is working here as well and I downloaded Firefox @ 5mb/s. I'm not sure what's next, but I'm still a little to scared to use multibeast yet. I'm going to wait for a go from some1 here or until I gather enough courage :p Doing a time machine backup now because I feel I'm @ a stable starting point speed is about 30mb/s! Gonna try to ruin it with multibeast and then restore! Wish me luck!

Edit 3: Success! I did it! It's because I did not enable the Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And probably also because I did the infamous remove driver move by Kakar0tt ;D I still want a more optimal solution and would really like to see my integrated graphics make a run for it! :)

There you go, Magnusb1. You figured it all out by yourself :p. I did the same- if you read this thread from the beginning, it was a lot of trial and error. And, as you found out, that if you set everything in Multibeast as per the instructions I put together, it will work. Please post anything that wasn't clear in the instructions!

I'm working on getting the rest in order. Anyone else feel free to add any other fixes to my highlights guide. By the way, the older version of VooDoo worked best for me- the newest version might work for you- go ahead and try it. You can always go back after a -x!

Copy pasterino:
Edit 3: Success! I did it! It's because I did not enable the Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And probably also because I did the infamous remove driver move by Kakar0tt which enabled me to leave the safemode sandbox ;D I still want a more optimal solution and would really like to see my integrated graphics make a run for it!

I'm struggling to connect my speakers to the correct p ports lol.. Tips? I could provide images of speakers output options and you could see what should go where on your motherboard. I had a friend look at it aswell he couldn't figure it out either. In the meantime I'll keep running them of the front green headphone output on the front of my case. I'm going to try to move the drivers back, or actually install them with Kext Wizzard and rebuild/fix sle. Crossing my fingers for it to go okay beacuse I could really use the Mobo integrated graphics for my third monitor so I can detax my poor GTX 780 powering a 4k Samsung :p Wish me luck! I'm going to post back later.

Hi Magnus and Carp- I will do a highlights post here and Carp can tell me if I missed anything. Then I'll start a new thread.

In the mean time, does anyone know why this happened in the middle of a simple task? I was just opening a new file in Illustrator and the screen filled with this text and froze...

Sorry 500e I been busy lately and haven't had a chance to respond
but I notice that this has some thing to do with compressions and decompressions I also noticed that if those are your multi beast settings and you are using a ssd drive but you didn't select trim enabler in multi beast so this may have something to do with it since it involves opening a file on your drive that's the only thing I can think of

Also If you are using GraphicsEnabler=Yes with your NVIDIA card that may be also causing some problems since you should be using GE=No

Also in your guide post that you made you may want to include some of the boot flags I gave you that got you to the installation and then tell them to reuse them to boot up to finish the installation
I think they were -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 maxmem=4096 dart=0

Also I believe in post 17 of this thread I gave specific instruction to the ethernet

you should have your guide post say download the attached kext
then open /System/Library/Extensions
right click and show package contents on IONetworkingFamily.kext
then open Contents/Plugins
and then paste the attached kext in that directory
Then open kext wizard and rebuild caches and repair permissions on /S/L/E

Not sure if that is how you got it working but I think that is the method that should have been used

Also the removal of the kexts using single user mode can be simplified by not booting up in single user mode. This can be done easily enough through finder by making a new folder in /S/L/E name whatever they like and then moving all the kexts that end like this AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelF to that newly created folder and then running kext wizard to rebuild caches and repair disk permissions on /S/L/E afterward

Other than that it all looked good

Regards
Happy Hacking
Carpentry

carpentryplus25 you are really a genius !!!

I just bought a Gigabyte Z97MX-GAMING 5
with i5 4440 , Gigabyte GT610 , 8GB DDR 3, 1TB Hitachi HDD, USB Speaker

MultiBeast Options:

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
Fake SMC
USB 3.0
Killer ALXEthernet ***** need to use carpentryplus25 to overwrite it !!!
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera v3.0.1
Basic Boot Options
Generate CPU States
Hiberate Mode - Desktop
Use Kernel Cache
Mac Pro 3,1
tonymacx86 Black

SUCCESS !!! with USB Audio *** cannot make the ALC1150 work... ... wasted... ...

No worries Carp, I've been busy and out of town. I will put up the highlights of this thread later this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back