Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgrading from ML 10.8.5

I have Maverick installed and running but I am having trouble with my bootflags to boot straight into the HDD. Currently I have to boot through the USB with the bootflags GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0. Both of those bootflgags are in my boot.plist but when I boot straight to the HDD, I get KP at the Apple screen and it stalls at "Uptime in nanoseconds...."

System info:
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
Intel i7 2600K
Dual Nvidia 560ti 448 Cuda cards
(3) HD monitors connected via DVI-D
Mac on HDD 1, Windows on HDD 2
Updated BIOS vers 3603 from biosrepo

I have the i7 overclocked slightly in the bios but do not have the "overclocked Sandy Bridge" kext installed. This worked fine for me in ML; in fact, in ML if I installed the overclocked kext, it would KP.

I have tried several different bootflags to boot straight to the HDD including -s -x -f -v GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 npci=0x3000, all individually and with several combination of the above.

I am using the exact same MB settings as I did on ML; DSDT-free installation with drivers for audio, ethernet, USB 3.0, and the Sandy Bridge i7 kext. I manually modified the boot.plist to PCIRootUID=0 and deleted the IGPEnabler line as it was in my boot.plist with ML.

ANy suggestions? SHould I add the IGPEnabler line back? ANy help appreciated.

Just noticed something odd, when I go to About This Mac > More info > Displays, it says No Displays found... but all three monitors are working in HD resolution. And if I choose Display Preferences, it lists all three displays with correctly identified drivers.

It is definitely graphic related.

i have the same mobo (but ati 6870) and my system is working fine.
i didn't used any special bootflag.

i am getting problems with usb3.

any idea about how to solve this problem?
did you used the multibeast usb3 option? or another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back