Contribute
Register

Help with Battery Monitor on OSX 10.11 (ASUS K55A Laptop)

Motherboard
ASUS K55A
CPU
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello, I have managed to install OSX 10.11.4 on my ASUS K55A laptop using Unibeast. I am booting using the drive as a boatloader because I couldn't get Clover EFI (Legacy) to install on the laptop because the EFI on here only supports MBR. Anyways I can boot up fine and the graphics, ethernet, sound via USB headphones, touchpad & keyboard works fine but there is no power indicator in the menubar. I am quite new to Hackintosh building and I have a main rig that runs OSX fine and I don't need a power indicator on it because its not a laptop, but this is my first laptop I've managed to make a Hackintosh. So anyways I have no clue how to fix the power indicator. Could anyone help please? :)

- Dhillon

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I have managed to install OSX 10.11.4 on my ASUS K55A laptop using Unibeast. I am booting using the drive as a boatloader because I couldn't get Clover EFI (Legacy) to install on the laptop because the EFI on here only supports MBR. Anyways I can boot up fine and the graphics, ethernet, sound via USB headphones, touchpad & keyboard works fine but there is no power indicator in the menubar. I am quite new to Hackintosh building and I have a main rig that runs OSX fine and I don't need a power indicator on it because its not a laptop, but this is my first laptop I've managed to make a Hackintosh. So anyways I have no clue how to fix the power indicator. Could anyone help please? :)

- Dhillon
Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I heard that DSDT patching is quite hard could you help me with it and not just send a link?
Thanks
You will need to read the guide and do it yourself.

Motherboard
ASUS K55A
CPU
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
But I dont know what motherboard this laptop contains and I have to boot off a USB with Clover on it because this laptop doesn't support EFI loading unless its MBR so would I apply the DSDT patches to my Clover USB or what?

You will need to read the guide and do it yourself.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
But I dont know what motherboard this laptop contains and I have to boot off a USB with Clover on it because this laptop doesn't support EFI loading unless its MBR so would I apply the DSDT patches to my Clover USB or what?
You probably just need to set a UEFI entry in BIOS for Clover. It is very common with ASUS laptops. Look carefully at your BIOS settings.