Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba L855 (14J)
CPU
i7-3630QM
Graphics
HD 7670M
Okay, so I've been a member here for a while, but this is my first time posting here, if I'm not wrong.

So right now I have Mavericks installed on my Satellite L855 and it's working really nice. I have AMD 7670M and I injected it via Clover, changed the Ar9485 with AR9285 (unfortunately only wifi, no bluetooth) and now i'm having big issues with the battery meter and audio :beachball:.

So, I've had the battery meter working before (If i recall well with VoodooBattery), but it was buggy, and I kinda tried some other kexts without backing up. Now I can't find those, and whatever I try, only gives me 0% in the preferences, and If i tick the show battery meter box, it just shows blank space on the menu bar and disappears.

Also it's worth mentioning that I had NullCPU before, and now I'm running patched AppleCPUPM for my i7 3630QM. And a thing I noticed is that the lid (when I close it), doesn't turn off the display (software-wise) like it did before. Now I can still see it active in the Displays section, and if I move my mouse to the left section of the screen (external HDMI) it can go to my internal display, even tho the lid is closed. :(

For the audio, I have a small problem which isn't really that important, but if someone can show me a fix, I will be really grateful. The output is working well with auto jack detection, etc; but the input (microphone) doesn't work. Only the internal microphone works, but on the highest level and the bar for lowering the voice doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm using VoodooHDA with ALC269.

If anything is required [DSDT etc] I'll post it. I also tried the DSDT tutorial by rehabman (if i'm not wrong) but I got lost, plus I get nothing when I try search for "embedded".

Thank you all.
Please help, I'm desperate.

Okay, so I've been a member here for a while, but this is my first time posting here, if I'm not wrong.

So right now I have Mavericks installed on my Satellite L855 and it's working really nice. I have AMD 7670M and I injected it via Clover, changed the Ar9485 with AR9285 (unfortunately only wifi, no bluetooth) and now i'm having big issues with the battery meter and audio :beachball:.

So, I've had the battery meter working before (If i recall well with VoodooBattery), but it was buggy, and I kinda tried some other kexts without backing up. Now I can't find those, and whatever I try, only gives me 0% in the preferences, and If i tick the show battery meter box, it just shows blank space on the menu bar and disappears.

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Also it's worth mentioning that I had NullCPU before, and now I'm running patched AppleCPUPM for my i7 3630QM. And a thing I noticed is that the lid (when I close it), doesn't turn off the display (software-wise) like it did before. Now I can still see it active in the Displays section, and if I move my mouse to the left section of the screen (external HDMI) it can go to my internal display, even tho the lid is closed. :(

Perhaps the system is not detecting the lid closure. Did you implement brightness control?

For the audio, I have a small problem which isn't really that important, but if someone can show me a fix, I will be really grateful. The output is working well with auto jack detection, etc; but the input (microphone) doesn't work. Only the internal microphone works, but on the highest level and the bar for lowering the voice doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm using VoodooHDA with ALC269.

Did you try using a stereo input?

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Perhaps the system is not detecting the lid closure. Did you implement brightness control?

Did you try using a stereo input?

I get lost on your DSDT tutorial, because in my DSDT there is no embeddedcontrol.
Quoting you: So, I always start out looking for 'embeddedcontrol' in order to find this declaration.

Yes, I did implement brightness control, but it worked with it for some time. :( And yes, I did try all kinds of microphones, still nothing. :(

I get lost on your DSDT tutorial, because in my DSDT there is no embeddedcontrol.
Quoting you: So, I always start out looking for 'embeddedcontrol' in order to find this declaration.

Without EmbeddedControl, there is nothing for you to patch.

Yes, I did implement brightness control, but it worked with it for some time.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I see. Thanks a lot for helping out. Here is my IOReg:
http://cl.ly/2i2x3a3j2H2t

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post native ACPI files extracted using F4 at the Clover screen (they will be at EFI partition, EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin).

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post native ACPI files extracted using F4 at the Clover screen (they will be at EFI partition, EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin).

I think I did everything correctly, but I still get "-bash: patchmatic: command not found", whatever I do.

I also read the read-me file, but still doesn't work for some reason. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, the Terminal isn't my natural habitat :(

Here is the ACPI files:
http://cl.ly/083f023E0s2E

I think I did everything correctly, but I still get "-bash: patchmatic: command not found", whatever I do.

I also read the read-me file, but still doesn't work for some reason. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, the Terminal isn't my natural habitat :(

It is simple.... Download the patchmatic binary (read the README for location), unzip it, copy the 'patchmatic' binary to /usr/bin.

It is simple.... Download the patchmatic binary (read the README for location), unzip it, copy the 'patchmatic' binary to /usr/bin.

When I try to run "cp patchmatic /usr/local/bin/patchmatic" in Terminal, I get this:
1stbOk8.png

When I try to run "cp patchmatic /usr/local/bin/patchmatic" in Terminal, I get this:
1stbOk8.png

Read carefully. I said /usr/bin, not /usr/local/bin...

Also, you will need to set your current directory to where the unzipped patchmatic binary is located. It would seem unlikely you'd have the patchmatic binary extracted to the root of your home directory (~).

Terminal noobs (no offense) should use Finder: copy, Go to Folder '/usr/bin', paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back