Graphics
9800 gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK, so I know this is probably the most supported board on this site,but i can not get my audio working again. Here's the story:

I decided to build my hackintosh and found this site, just so happened Newegg had a sweet deal for all the same parts. Ordered, built, installed and I got *almost* everything working. My only dilemma was that I could not boot off the HDD itself and was booting off of a flash drive. I attempted to fix this using the MultiBeast tool and ended up screwing my sound... I had perviously used Tony's audio guide with the updated BIOS and it worked without a hitch. I tried again, and, no luck. So i figured I would do a clean install (back to 10.6 retail, didn't erase any personal files) and start fresh. I have followed the guides back to this point, and even accomplished what i started out doing, I am successfully booting from my EFI partition. But alas, still no sound. I don't even show a built-in audio in my system profiler... Now my wife is pissed at me for "messing with the computer when nothing was wrong with it in the first place." Please help, or at least point me in the right direction. i have the latest UD2 DSDT from tony, and vanilla HDA installed...

the latest one, F7c I believe. I even went back and reinstalled the BIOS. Although I did this through gigabyte's @BIOS program and downloaded from the server directly. Is there a chance it rolled back to the old BIOS sense F7c is beta? I'm not around my computer at the moment, but I will check as soon as I can...

@BIOS is fine as an updating tool, but don't use it to download BIOSes with, the latest version is F8 and F7 (not F7c) was the one that made audio working without HDAenabler.

Use the newest MultiBeast- and choose ALC 888b- Six 3.5mm Audio Jacks- it will install a LegacyHDA.kext in your /Extra folder which will enable audio via the newest F8 DSDT.

Make sure you don't have any VoodooHDA or other audio kext in /Extra. And use AsereBLN's RC4 with your DSDT in /Extra. Check out my files for reference- they should work perfectly for you:

Public/tonymacx86-GA-P55M-UD2-EFI.zip

Good luck!

Bah humbug... well my BIOS was at F7, updated and was trying to get things working, now I hang if i boot from EFI with a "can't locate SMC driver" and I just hang there... i just tried installing fakesmc.kext to s/l/e and we'll see what that does...

Griffwill said:
Bah humbug... well my BIOS was at F7, updated and was trying to get things working, now I hang if i boot from EFI with a "can't locate SMC driver" and I just hang there... i just tried installing fakesmc.kext to s/l/e and we'll see what that does...

fakesmc goes in /Extra/Extensions.

Or in your case /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.

Hope this helps! :D

i had it in (the proper) /e/e, but I kept hanging with :

Waiting for DSMOS...
Could not locate SMC driver...

so I tried putting fakeSMC.kext in S/L/E/ (as well a E/E/) and it worked, not sure what was wrong before. I also went through and took the HDAenabler.kext and LEGACYHDA_ALC888B.kext out of S/L/E/ and have AppleHDA and the LegacyHDA kexts in there... don't know if i need the Legacy HDA in there, but it's working. when I booted i ignored caches and in verbose and had no problems. I'm going to do a couple more restarts to make sure everything is solid.

thanks for the help guys.

Griffwill said:
i had it in (the proper) /e/e, but I kept hanging with :

Waiting for DSMOS...
Could not locate SMC driver...

so I tried putting fakeSMC.kext in S/L/E/ (as well a E/E/) and it worked, not sure what was wrong before. I also went through and took the HDAenabler.kext and LEGACYHDA_ALC888B.kext out of S/L/E/ and have AppleHDA and the LegacyHDA kexts in there... don't know if i need the Legacy HDA in there, but it's working. when I booted i ignored caches and in verbose and had no problems. I'm going to do a couple more restarts to make sure everything is solid.

thanks for the help guys.

LegacyHDA goes in /E/E- you must have Vanilla AppleHDA in S/L/E to have this work. Make sure to rebuild caches in MultiBeast afterwards or it will NOT work. Here's the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext

Public/10.6.2%20AppleHDA.kext.zip

ok, I got everything squared away. Thanks a ton for the speedy replies and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back