i3-7020U
Graphics
HD620 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I have been attempting for quite some time now to make this work, and now believe it's time to ask for assistance before i lose my mind.

Various configurations allows me to boot into a slightly glitched installer. The 3-4 times I've been able to install the OS it has been super glitchy and nothing works (i believe it's not regular post-install fixes but core issue with cpu/igpu settings). The last attempt there were fewer glitches, but i ended up with 7MB igpu mem, whereas the other glitched setups, i actually had 15XXmb video mem. (In windows i have 2gig though? weird) All times i had a glitched but installed OS, i couldn't boot back in to it after doing post-install, or even using USB key to load it (with forceload kexts i hope).

MacOS 10.14.6
Latest Clover (r5105)
Using USB 2.0 port
Using USB 3.0 flash drive

Tried from clean
setup many times with only core kexts, tried other EFI for luck with same CPU. Mostly i can't boot to the installer even. Even with the USB key totally untouched i can go from being able to use it to boot to installer, to not being able to, with no changes.

PC: ASUS R543UA-DM2292T
CPU: i3-7020u
IGPU: 620HD
MB: ASUS R543UA-DM2292T (printed on PCB: X540UBR rev 2.0)
WIFI: Adapted BroadCom BCM94360CS2 (Native supported, can succesfully connect to internet in installer and in bugged MacOS)

I have attached my current EFI folder (no themes) and will update thread continuously with debug and answers. For now I think EFI folder is enough to start the thread, because I am certain there is something there I am oblivious to..

I will be paying close attention to the thread and i am looking forward to attempt all suggestions. I have read all essential guides as well as those for laptop, at least once. Most parts very many times. I must have a blind spot because i feel my config.plist is wrong and i just can't see it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 190
  • bios1.jpg
    bios1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 248
  • bios2.jpg
    bios2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 157
  • bios3.jpg
    bios3.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 140
  • bios4.jpg
    bios4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 136
  • bios5.jpg
    bios5.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 189
I have been attempting for quite some time now to make this work, and now believe it's time to ask for assistance before i lose my mind.

Various configurations allows me to boot into a slightly glitched installer. The 3-4 times I've been able to install the OS it has been super glitchy and nothing works (i believe it's not regular post-install fixes but core issue with cpu/igpu settings). The last attempt there were fewer glitches, but i ended up with 7MB igpu mem, whereas the other glitched setups, i actually had 15XXmb video mem. (In windows i have 2gig though? weird) All times i had a glitched but installed OS, i couldn't boot back in to it after doing post-install, or even using USB key to load it (with forceload kexts i hope).

MacOS 10.14.6
Latest Clover (r5105)
Using USB 2.0 port
Using USB 3.0 flash drive

Tried from clean
setup many times with only core kexts, tried other EFI for luck with same CPU. Mostly i can't boot to the installer even. Even with the USB key totally untouched i can go from being able to use it to boot to installer, to not being able to, with no changes.

PC: ASUS R543UA-DM2292T
CPU: i3-7020u
IGPU: 620HD
MB: ASUS R543UA-DM2292T (printed on PCB: X540UBR rev 2.0)
WIFI: Adapted BroadCom BCM94360CS2 (Native supported, can succesfully connect to internet in installer and in bugged MacOS)

I have attached my current EFI folder (no themes) and will update thread continuously with debug and answers. For now I think EFI folder is enough to start the thread, because I am certain there is something there I am oblivious to..

I will be paying close attention to the thread and i am looking forward to attempt all suggestions. I have read all essential guides as well as those for laptop, at least once. Most parts very many times. I must have a blind spot because i feel my config.plist is wrong and i just can't see it.
nothing attached

also try using a usb2.0 flash drive

nothing attached

also try using a usb2.0 flash drive
Attached now! First upload canceled due to post going live before upload complete.

Will buy USB 2.0 Flashdrive tomorrow as per your suggestion! Is this to be 100% certain, or is it very common to cause issues similar to these?

Is there any chance you can look at drivers, kexts and the config.plist ahead of time? It would be greatly apprechiated. Thank you for the prompt reply!

Attached now! First upload canceled due to post going live before upload complete.

Will buy USB 2.0 Flashdrive tomorrow as per your suggestion! Is this to be 100% certain, or is it very common to cause issues similar to these?

Is there any chance you can look at drivers, kexts and the config.plist ahead of time? It would be greatly apprechiated. Thank you for the prompt reply!
the laptop guide mentions to use a usb2.0 flash drive

OsxLowMemFixDrv should be removed

enable these in config.plist:

Code:
<key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>

some Asus laptops has the function in bios to set DVMT, check to make sure your's is set to 64MB or 128MB

may also be worth checking over:

Code:
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>

some Asus laptops has the function in bios to set DVMT, check to make sure your's is set to 64MB or 128MB

DVMT is set to 64MB in bios. Forgot to include in first post, but all bios options are set as suggested in the guide. At least those avaliable to me. I believe all critical ones like DVMT were avaliable for me and is set correctly.

Now:
- Removed Osx(..) driver, enabled the 4 "fixes" in config(still with USB 3.0):
Result: Can't boot installer. After verbose closes, it stops at the loading bar that appears. After a little bit the mouse appears and can be moved, but nothing more happens. Tried to boot twice and waited 5 and 10 minutes.

Tomorrow:
- Will add my bios options to first post
- Will read both guides again thoroughly
- Will get USB 2.0 flashdrive (and try with all of todays suggestions)

Thank you for your help, will be monitoring the thread tomorrow morning, 9hrs from now. And will be starting new attempt with usb 2.0 about 13-14 hrs from now.

Code:
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>

I bought and tried with USB 2.0 today, using the changes you suggested. Unfortunatly i was not able to boot to the installer. The verbose log goes away and a loading bar appears and stops in the very very beginning. Any other suggestions i can try?
- I will add bios settings in screenshots shortly
- should i show verbose log in video?

I bought and tried with USB 2.0 today, using the changes you suggested. Unfortunatly i was not able to boot to the installer. The verbose log goes away and a loading bar appears and stops in the very very beginning. Any other suggestions i can try?
- I will add bios settings in screenshots shortly
- should i show verbose log in video?
if you can film the verbose mode and pause where the kernel panic happens, that would be good, along with your zipped clover folder

if you can film the verbose mode and pause where the kernel panic happens, that would be good, along with your zipped clover folder

First picture is the last part of the verbose screen before it goes into frozen apple logo with loading bar.
Attached is current Clover folder without themes.

Sorry about the bad image quality, the laptop screen panel is very cheap.

EDIT: Updated main post with pics of most bios settings!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • VID_20200318_214214.00_00_22_17.Still001.jpg
    VID_20200318_214214.00_00_22_17.Still001.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 106
  • VID_20200318_214214.00_00_25_16.Still002.jpg
    VID_20200318_214214.00_00_25_16.Still002.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
First picture is the last part of the verbose screen before it goes into frozen apple logo with loading bar.
Attached is current Clover folder without themes.

Sorry about the bad image quality, the laptop screen panel is very cheap.

EDIT: Updated main post with pics of most bios settings!

Please try this EFI and see if you have any luck booting...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 184
Please try this EFI and see if you have any luck booting...
Thanks for joining us!
I tried the Clover folder and had some interesting things pop up in the verbose. At the end of the verbose i get the "gIOlockscreen error 3", and a few lines above it i get "Unsupported PCH".
I also noticed stuff other places for example " ru.kext SMC-something, cant unload /and/ cant stop".
I also saw that you removed some Device info from config, but in verbose vendor is registered as 8086 and device as 5921 which makes me believe whatevergreen is working, at least somewhat.

Should i post pictures of verbose tomorrow? I will be back on the thread in about 8-9 hrs from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back