Contribute
Register

Help with ASUS FX53VD Mojave Installation Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS FX53VD-MS72-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
HD 630/GTX 1050
This is my first time Hackintoshing, and I finally give in to ask for help.
I'm on an ASUS FX53VD, CPU: i7-7700/HM175, Graphics HD 630/GTX 1050. And Ive been following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ this guide to install Mojave.

I used the MBR method of partitioning my USB.
I used rehabman's Clover branch.
I used the essential (FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext) plus "USBInjectAll.kext" and "RealtekRTL8111.kext".
I used "config_UHD630.plist" for my plist (since I have HD 630 graphics) and the default ig-platform-id (0x3e9b0000)
I used the "createinstallmedia" method for creating a USB installer

BIOS:
I set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb
VT-d - disabled
DEP - (couldn't find)
secure boot - disabled
legacy boot - (couldn't find)
CSM - enabled
fast boot - disabled
"boot from USB" - (couldn't find)
SATA - AHCI
TPM - (couldn't find)

So, I was able to get to the install screen and use disk utility to partition my drive (however couldn't find anything about GPT). On step 3 of the "using OS X Installer" guide, I continued that installation process, and during the wait time my computer rebooted, and I assumed I was onto step 4 and 5. On step 5, a new option "Boot macOS Install from [drive name]" popped up, and I clicked that assuming macOS sierra and later had the same difference in choice. Then I assumed I was into step 8 where I "Boot OS X from [drive name]" AND this is where it just keeps crashing and rebooting! attached below is verbose mode images before my system restarts.

So basically I'm hoping someone sees a problem with my installation process, or a problem with the verbose mode images.

Thank you ahead of time!!

Attachments

• IMG-4624.png
    IMG-4624.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG-4623.png
    IMG-4623.png
    4 MB · Views: 151
This is my first time Hackintoshing, and I finally give in to ask for help.
I'm on an ASUS FX53VD, CPU: i7-7700/HM175, Graphics HD 630/GTX 1050. And Ive been following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ this guide to install Mojave.

I used the MBR method of partitioning my USB.
I used rehabman's Clover branch.
I used the essential (FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext) plus "USBInjectAll.kext" and "RealtekRTL8111.kext".
I used "config_UHD630.plist" for my plist (since I have HD 630 graphics) and the default ig-platform-id (0x3e9b0000)
I used the "createinstallmedia" method for creating a USB installer

BIOS:
I set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb
VT-d - disabled
DEP - (couldn't find)
secure boot - disabled
legacy boot - (couldn't find)
CSM - enabled
fast boot - disabled
"boot from USB" - (couldn't find)
SATA - AHCI
TPM - (couldn't find)

So, I was able to get to the install screen and use disk utility to partition my drive (however couldn't find anything about GPT). On step 3 of the "using OS X Installer" guide, I continued that installation process, and during the wait time my computer rebooted, and I assumed I was onto step 4 and 5. On step 5, a new option "Boot macOS Install from [drive name]" popped up, and I clicked that assuming macOS sierra and later had the same difference in choice. Then I assumed I was into step 8 where I "Boot OS X from [drive name]" AND this is where it just keeps crashing and rebooting! attached below is verbose mode images before my system restarts.

So basically I'm hoping someone sees a problem with my installation process, or a problem with the verbose mode images.

Thank you ahead of time!!
use latest clover via sourceforge

I switched over to source forge clover, and during the first step of the installation process, It just gets stuck here. anyone know whats going on?

I did forget that and this is what happened in verbose mode. It got all glitches up. I attached my Clover folder or pictures of it if anyone wants to take a look. Thank you.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG-4649.JPG
    IMG-4649.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG-4648.JPG
    IMG-4648.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG-4647.JPG
    IMG-4647.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
I did forget that and this is what happened in verbose mode. It got all glitches up. I attached my Clover folder or pictures of it if anyone wants to take a look. Thank you.
make sure to use a usb2.0 stick and try all your usb ports if needs be

make sure to use a usb2.0 stick and try all your usb ports if needs be
Okay, I think my USB is 3.0, so I will buy a 2.0 and try that in all ports. Thank you.

I finally downloaded macOS mojave, and followd the installation process, and I was installing clover to my computer and followed "select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes"", and clicked on both. Now booting for off the computer or my USB does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back