Asus P8H67-M
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
Hi

I boot with Chimera 1.9.2. Osx 10.7.3.

I have an Asus EAH 5750 Formula Card.

It nearly worked out of the box except for a couple of things.

- The card sometimes crashes (very random, sometimes 3 times in a day, others it doesn't crash in a week days).
- The DVD player crashes and also the games that use Half life engine (Steam games).

The card works with GraphicsEnable=No, but I have the above problems. So I added the GraphicsEnables=yes flag to the Extra/org.chamaleon.Boot.plist and started to play with the framebuffers hoping I would find one that worked. No one worked. I tried all of them I think, specially the ones I've found inside the ATI5000Controller.kext / info.plist (Hoolock, Langur, Orangutan and Zonalis).

But nothing works. It seems that the card it's not properly detected.

When I get the computer properties it says it's an ATI RADEON HD 5000 instead of ATI RADEON HD 5700 (as I've seen on other posts).

bdmesg shows this information:

Code:
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
ATI Framebuffer Addr: @0xC0000000  MMIO Addr: @0xFE620000 I/O Port Addr: @0x0000E000 ROM Addr: @0xFE600000
ATI card POSTed, reading Video BIOS from legacy space
Framebuffer set to: Uakari using AtiConfig=Uakari
Number of ports set to: 3 using AtiPorts=3
ATI Radeon HD 5700/6750 Series 1024MB [1002:68be] (subsys [1043:0338]) (Juniper:Uakari) :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

So the card is being detected properly (In this case I tried to set up the Uakari buffer). Anyway when I check with

ioreg | grep ATY
Code:
| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000309, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (8 ms), retai$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000030c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000030a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retai$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000312, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000030b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retai$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000318, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), $
I still get the RadeonFramebuffer...

This is my boot.plist:

Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Uakari</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>3</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

I have to say that I've tried with or withouth AtiPorts, with PCIRootUID=1, with npci=0x200, 0x3000....
And nothing... it seem's some part is missing somewhere and that the framebuffers are not there....

IS there something missing in Chimera about my card? Has anybody made this card work fully? What am I doing wrong?

Can anybody give me some help. Because after reading hundreds of posts and tried loads of things Im really lost...

I tried with UseAtiROM, but when I put this option (And also the rom dump of course) in the Extra directory the computer doesn't boot. If I put the verbose mode, the boot process stops just right after detecting the graphic card (I guess that then it tries to load the ATI.rom file)

Can anybody give a hint? what should I try next?

should I try the ATY_ kext file I've seen around in some posts? does that work with Chimera? Does that work with Osx10.7 ?

No help at all? Anybody can give me a hint on what to try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back