Graphics
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm really excited to build my first Hackintosh, But I have limited choices since my budget is limited and here in Brazil prices are very high these days.

My primary goal is to have a machine capable of doing some fcpx 1080p editing without major hiccups, and also work with adobe photoshop and lightroom.

What I already have:
• Case: Corsair Air 240
• CPU: Intel core i7 7700k
• CPU Cooler: Deepcool Maelstrom 240t
• RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz
• PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze
• SSD: PNY 240gb
• HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
• HDD for windows: WD Blue 500gb

What I need to choose:
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H or GIGABYTE GA-H270M-GAMING 3
The buyer's guide suggests that I should buy the H270 board, but will the Z170 cause me some trouble? It will be harder to make it work? I'm not thinking about overclocking now, but it can be possibility for the future.

GPU: I have no idea what to buy, my budget is for something like a RX 560 4gb or GTX 1050ti, but it can be a GTX 1060 3gb if it makes a great advantage for FCPX. But it looks like the RX560 is the most stable option out there, right?

My english is kind of rusty, if you didn't understood something, please let me know. :lol:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm really excited to build my first Hackintosh, But I have limited choices since my budget is limited and here in Brazil prices are very high these days.

My primary goal is to have a machine capable of doing some fcpx 1080p editing without major hiccups, and also work with adobe photoshop and lightroom.

What I already have:
• Case: Corsair Air 240
• CPU: Intel core i7 7700k
• CPU Cooler: Deepcool Maelstrom 240t
• RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz
• PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze
• SSD: PNY 240gb
• HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
• HDD for windows: WD Blue 500gb

What I need to choose:
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H or GIGABYTE GA-H270M-GAMING 3
The buyer's guide suggests that I should buy the H270 board, but will the Z170 cause me some trouble? It will be harder to make it work? I'm not thinking about overclocking now, but it can be possibility for the future.

GPU: I have no idea what to buy, my budget is for something like a RX 560 4gb or GTX 1050ti, but it can be a GTX 1060 3gb if it makes a great advantage for FCPX. But it looks like the RX560 is the most stable option out there, right?

My english is kind of rusty, if you didn't understood something, please let me know. :lol:

Thanks!

You can use the Z170 motherboard instead of the H270. But a possible problem with this is that the BIOS of the Z170 board may need to be upgraded to a version that can recognize the 7700K. I have no idea if the Z170 boards still available have upgraded BIOSes that can recognize Kaby Lake CPUs like the 7700K. If the BIOS is already upgraded then it should work with the CPU.

You can use the Z170 motherboard instead of the H270. But a possible problem with this is that the BIOS of the Z170 board may need to be upgraded to a version that can recognize the 7700K. I have no idea if the Z170 boards still available have upgraded BIOSes that can recognize Kaby Lake CPUs like the 7700K. If the BIOS is already upgraded then it should work with the CPU.

The store reported that the BIOS is already upgraded for kaby lake. So there is no advantage in using the newest chipset in this case, great!

Any thoughts about the GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back