Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Intel i7 4770
Graphics
NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
Hi everyone, I am a long time lurker of these forums but this is my first post. I have been successfully running a hackintosh since 10.9 back in 2013 with the help of these forums. I had upgraded it as far as el capitan but then never bothered to go up to sierra. I wanted to use a 4k display with my hackintosh recently, but learned that I would need a newer card that supports hdmi 2.0 for a full 4k@60hz. As such, I decided it was time to upgrade my video card so I went and bought a GTX 1060 6gb but then learned I would need sierra or later to get full support using the web drivers. Given that high sierra has released now, I was unable to try and get this working for sierra, so I went straight to High Sierra 10.3 as a fresh install on a new SSD.

After many many hours, I finally got my setup all working completely on 10.3 (using the hardware from my profile). The only problem left is that I still cant get a full 60hz on the 4k display, it is only running at 30hz. I am using the latest version of clover to boot. I run a multi monitor setup that has 4 displays. Only one display is 4k, the other 3 displays are all working fine at full 60hz.

I have been trying many different things, such as messing around with CoreDisplay patcher, CoreDisplayFixup kext, using Lilu, NVidiaGraphicsFixup...It is possible I am not using these correctly as I am not too familiar with them. It also does not help that because 10.3 is new, there is not a lot of information out there for this version. I have even tried to download and use switchresX (which I would prefer to avoid altogether) but even that doesn't help. I was able to get the resolution choice to show up in switchresX (was not showing originally) but when i set to 60hz, the 4k screen just turns off and my 3 other screens go in and out as though they are detecting the display over and over, but never successfully do, so I have to go back to 30hz.

Is there anyone who might be able to help me? GTX 1060 6GB using nvidia web drivers trying to get 4k@60hz output on 10.3 high sierra. I have been messing with this for days and would really appreciate any help.

Is there anyone who can help at all? I am seriously going crazy with trying to get this to work, spent so much time and money just trying to get 4k@60hz running over HDMI 2.0... wondering if i just need to return all of my new stuff.

I am willing to do anything to get this working. Please if anyone has any insights into any of this it would really be helpful.

You're probably not going to have any luck getting 4k over HDMI, macOS doesn't really support HDMI 2.0 which makes sense since there are no modern Macs with HDMI connectors anymore. You'd probably be better off switching connectors with one of your other monitors. I'm doing 4k over DP which works fine without any CoreDisplay patch but I'm only running a single monitor so YMMV.

You're probably not going to have any luck getting 4k over HDMI, macOS doesn't really support HDMI 2.0 which makes sense since there are no modern Macs with HDMI connectors anymore. You'd probably be better off switching connectors with one of your other monitors. I'm doing 4k over DP which works fine without any CoreDisplay patch but I'm only running a single monitor so YMMV.

I have read that many times but then keep seeing people who have been able to get it working somehow.

I am using SMBIOS 14,2 definition. I have a haswell processor, not sure if that matters. DP is not an option as the 4k display I am using is a TV with only HDMI ports and I just bought it for use with this hackintosh only. With the club3d adapter I was able to get 4k@60hz but only using switchresx and it wouldnt boot with display, would have to remove and re attach which is not practical.

Anyone able to offer any other suggestions or links to something else that might work?

Anyone able to offer any other suggestions or links to something else that might work?

I'm in the same exact boat you are in buddy. I'm not able to get 4k@60hz even with the Club3d Adapter. How did you get your Club3d Adapter to work? I'd legit kill someone to get it working just a little.... I have a gtx 1080 and I want 4k@60 . Whenever you get a chance please help...

With macOS, the only reliable way of getting 4K@60Hz is with DisplayPort or Thunderbolt. I don't know if a DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor will work.

DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor will work.
I am using SMBIOS 14,2, Samsung tv ju6400. 4k@60hz
No additional acts.
I do not have the knowledge to help you, but mine works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back