NVIDIA 8600M GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI.
Today i planed to install Win7 on my hackintosh. I created a bootable USB drive with Boot-Camp on a different computer. I formated my HDD into 2 partitions. One with Mac OS X Extended (Jurnaled) and one with MSDOS FAT and the GUID sheme. After that i rebooted my computer and choosed my usb drive for the Windows installation. Now i get a black screen with a white dash in the up left corner, blinking for ever.
What can i do? On the Internet i cant find an answer!!!

HELP PLS!!

HI.
Today i planed to install Win7 on my hackintosh. I created a bootable USB drive with Boot-Camp on a different computer.

I formated my HDD into 2 partitions. One with Mac OS X Extended (Jurnaled) and one with MSDOS FAT and the GUID sheme. After that i rebooted my computer and choosed my usb drive for the Windows installation. Now i get a black screen with a white dash in the up left corner, blinking for ever.
What can i do? On the Internet i cant find an answer!!!

HELP PLS!!

We don't use bootcamp on PCs -- it is only for Macs.
Use the "Win7 USB Download Tool" from Microsoft to create your Windows USB instead.

i have no pc. and this program is only for pc. what can i do?

i have no pc. and this program is only for pc. what can i do?

You have a PC. You mean it is not currently running Windows...

You could borrow a PC (running Windows) from someone just long enough to create the USB.

i look what i can do. one question btw: what format is need for a usb stick that i can use it on windows? with Mac OS X Extended (jurnaled) it wont work i guess...

i look what i can do. one question btw: what format is need for a usb stick that i can use it on windows? with Mac OS X Extended (jurnaled) it wont work i guess...

It has to be FAT32 or NTFS (if I remember right).

But more important than that, it has to have the Windows MBR and PBR boot records installed, and a valid \BOOT\BCD configured. These are all things that the Win7 USB Download Tool does for you.

can i do the formating with disk utility?

it only offers MSDOS FAT and ExFAT
what can i do my stick is formated on Mac OS X Extended (Jurnaled)

it only offers MSDOS FAT and ExFAT
what can i do my stick is formated on Mac OS X Extended (Jurnaled)

MS-DOS/FAT is actually FAT32. Repartition the stick.

But it still won't work unless you manage to get the other bits into place (boot records, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back