Motherboard
Asus Zenbook UX305UA (Clover)
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520 @ 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I recently opened my ux305UA to see what wifi card I would need to be replace only to find that the card was not replaceable. Here is a picture of the card sautered to the board. If anybody knows of a way to replace the card so that I can get sleep to help, please tell me! Thanks in advance.
QpBpjxp.jpg

So I recently opened my ux305UA to see what wifi card I would need to be replace only to find that the card was not replaceable. Here is a picture of the card sautered to the board. If anybody knows of a way to replace the card so that I can get sleep to help, please tell me! Thanks in advance.
QpBpjxp.jpg

Laptops with soldered WiFi do not make good choices for hackintosh.

Laptops with soldered WiFi do not make good choices for hackintosh.
Lol, that wasn't taken into account when buying the laptop originally. I guess this means there is no solution?

Lol, that wasn't taken into account when buying the laptop originally. I guess this means there is no solution?

Some BIOS implementations have controls to disable such devices.

Some BIOS implementations have controls to disable such devices.
Sounds interesting, but I don't see anywhere where I could install the new wifi card either... Looks like this is a lost cause. Oh well, thanks for all your help this was a very interesting rabbit hole.

Tsis comes a little late, I would suggest a USB wifi card at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back