Contribute
Register

HELP: Whole system wakes but display won't come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (revision 1.1)
CPU
i3-3210
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys

Here's my configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H77M-D3H (revision 1.1)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 (connected to display via HDMI)

I've just got a printer, and an Apple Wired Keyboard attached along with the ethernet cable. My USB mouse is attached to the Wired keyboard via the USB hub on the keyboard, and so is my USB Audio adapter. Now the problem is that every time i put my Hack to sleep, it goes to sleep just fine. But when I press the power button to wake it the CPU comes on and I can hear all my fans run just fine but my display won't turn on AT ALL. So i gotta force restart. Any help asap will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
​mindhormone

Hi,

sounds like a DSDT issue. Check if you can get a patched one for your MoBo and install it as usual (as /Extra/DSDT.aml and edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to make sure the DSDT Key exists and points to your file)

egrath

I have a similar problem from wake up from sleep with dark monitor. It took me 1 month to figure it out and its really a hair pulling experience:banghead:. I am new and just an observer and just read what I can learn from this Forum. Make sure you know how to adjust and tweak your UEFI do search the forum. I have run multiple clean install before I reach to this conclusion. Do a complete clean install on Mountain lion OSX 10.8.4 and run latest Multibeast. I choose not to put any DSDT since my Gigabyte GA-Z77N Wifi does not need one. I just install without DSDT audio, Ethernet, 1080p, trim, Graphic enabler=no, iMac 13.2 system definition. Darkwake=no. On system preference Energy Uncheck hard disk and network.

I tried every patch from this forum and every time, I always encounter problems. Tweaking motherboard UEFI to closely match with Apple SMC and System Definition is the secret. Patience is a virtue and part of the game.

Here is my Hackintosh Set up:

Gigabyte GA-Z77N Wifi
Intel i5 3470
Antec Kuhler 620
8 Gig Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600
Intel 335 180gb
Hitachi 2.5 1tb hard drive for my Time Machine backup
1 TB Hitachi hard dive for my Home drive
Nvidia GTX 650Ti boost overclock 2GB
Atheros Ar9280 from Dell 1515 mini pci wifi card
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Logitech C920 webcam
Silverstone FT03 Mini with Silverstone SFF 450 watt gold modular PS
Apple Magic mouse, Apple Wireless keyboard and Touch pad

It would like to thank Tonymac and the rest of the people who help others in building their Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back