Graphics
HD 7700
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi guys, Been a while since i build a hackintosh so its all new again and said to be easier?

I would like to bring my old DELL VOSTRO 1700 Laptop back into service with an OSX which once had an old chameleon Snow Leopard running real well on it years ago.

I have already got a couple of real macs so i have built USB's using various versions of UniBeast and basic instructions but no real progress.

Can anyone help me establish what newer macOS WILL run on it?? I have tried:

Sierra = Error this macOS will not run on this hardware (-V)
El Capitan = can get as far as install macOS to SSD HD but freezes about 13%
Yosemite/Mavericks = crashing or freezing at various stages but when it does get further I get a white Screen with mouse?!

I have tried several boot flags but no joy?

I would like El Capitan if its possible?

vostro 1700 Spec:
BIOS: A07
Chipset: Mobile Intel GM965 Express
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz (i think a T7500)
RAM: 4GB RAM 667Mhz
Video: NVIDIA NB8M-GS 128mb - 1440x900
Audio : Sigmatel 9205
WIFI: DELL

any help with going forward would be fantastic! cheers :)

Simon.

UPDATE:

correction to above: EL CAPITAN will not boot either since it says I cant load this OSX on this system.....

I have since read about changing my SMBIOS to best suit my machine in relationship to a macbook. I found my machine was close to a Mid 2009 core 2 Duo Unibody. so will try that.

I will see if I can add that to my Clover boot.

UPDATE:

Tried CLOVER CONFIGURATOR on my mac to update the SMBIOS to MacbookPro5,1 (my pc is closer to the 4,1 but wont work with EL CAPITAN) but the 5,1 expects a 9600m Nvidia when i use a NVIDIA 8400m 128mb....

I now get the OS start to load in -v mode but then panics and the text overwrites it and isn't readable to see whats gone wrong :(

PLEASE help me with what i need to add in the configurator that may help it at least get to put the OSX in so i can sort the kexts out later :)

Hi guys, Been a while since i build a hackintosh so its all new again and said to be easier?

I would like to bring my old DELL VOSTRO 1700 Laptop back into service with an OSX which once had an old chameleon Snow Leopard running real well on it years ago.

I have already got a couple of real macs so i have built USB's using various versions of UniBeast and basic instructions but no real progress.

Can anyone help me establish what newer macOS WILL run on it?? I have tried:

Sierra = Error this macOS will not run on this hardware (-V)
El Capitan = can get as far as install macOS to SSD HD but freezes about 13%
Yosemite/Mavericks = crashing or freezing at various stages but when it does get further I get a white Screen with mouse?!

I have tried several boot flags but no joy?

I would like El Capitan if its possible?

vostro 1700 Spec:
BIOS: A07
Chipset: Mobile Intel GM965 Express
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz (i think a T7500)
RAM: 4GB RAM 667Mhz
Video: NVIDIA NB8M-GS 128mb - 1440x900
Audio : Sigmatel 9205
WIFI: DELL

any help with going forward would be fantastic! cheers :)

Simon.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back