Contribute
Register

-HELP- Weird ring like blur and images in Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki where's the whatevergreen supported for skylake spoofing, can you tell me this fork of whatevergreen. I also need it, maybe it could solve my black screen issue with HD630. thx a lot!

It is attached to the post you quoted!

Note: You can also use mainline WhateverGreen.kext by using kernel flag lilucpu=8 (it is a bit of a hack, but it should work). Using lulucpu=8 causes Lilu and any Lilu plugin to detect your CPU as Skylake instead of Kabylake (Skylake is 8, Kabylake is 9, Coffeelake is 10).

Last edited:
It is attached to the post you quoted!

Note: You can also use mainline WhateverGreen.kext by using kernel flag lilucpu=8 (it is a bit of a hack, but it should work). Using lulucpu=8 causes Lilu and any Lilu plugin to detect your CPU as Skylake instead of Kabylake (Skylake is 8, Kabylake is 9, Coffeelake is 10).

Thanks for your direction, I'll carry out your suggestions that raised by you.

Thank you! problem fixed.. now i need to close some other issues that i opened :D

Thank you! problem fixed.. now i need to close some other issues that i opened :D
My omen 15 also has the same issue, after i have done all above,nothing fixed and the graphics can not drive. could you share how you fix it?Thank you!

My omen 15 also has the same issue, after i have done all above,nothing fixed and the graphics can not drive. could you share how you fix it?Thank you!

First off, please upload debug files. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

It's difficult to determine what's wrong without more information - anyway, ensure the latest versions of Whatevergreen and Lilu are installed, that device properties AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 00001619, device-id set to 16190000, as well as bootflag lilucpu=8 being present..

Hi I'm trying to get rid of banding, but if I set spoofing as mentioned in the post my graphics card recognises only 7MB of vram. Any help? I attach a debug of my working graphics (1536MB of vram) with no spoofing and banding issue

Attachments

• debug_28943.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
Hi I'm trying to get rid of banding, but if I set spoofing as mentioned in the post my graphics card recognises only 7MB of vram. Any help? I attach a debug of my working graphics (1536MB of vram) with no spoofing and banding issue
try a different ig-plat id, i think theres 1916, 191b, 191e, 1912. Theres a framebuffer patching guide somewhere here with a full list.

try a different ig-plat id, i think theres 1916, 191b, 191e, 1912. Theres a framebuffer patching guide somewhere here with a full list.

Ok after a lot of tries I managed to get rid of banding!!!
here's my settings in Clover Configurator for anyone who needs it (i7 7700HQ with Intel HD 630):

Boot > Arguments -----> lilucpu=8
Devices > Properties > Devices > PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
Devices > Properties > Properties Key > AAPL,ig-platform-id with in Properties Value > 00001619
Devices > Properties > Properties Key > device-id with in Properties Value > 16190000
Graphics > set ig-platform-id to 0x19160000
Graphics > enable Inject Intel
SMBIOS > the one that matches your hardware (in my case MacBookPro14,3 I7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz)

That's all! :)

Last edited:
here's my settings in Clover Configurator for anyone who needs it (i7 7700HQ with Intel HD 630):

Devices > Properties > Properties Key > AAPL,ig-platform-id with in Properties Value > 00001619
Devices > Properties > Properties Key > device-id with in Properties Value > 16190000
SMBIOS > the one that matches your hardware (in my case MacBookPro14,3 I7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz)

Hey, tried this approach on Intel Core i7-8750H with Intel UHD 630, but my monitor backlight stays at level 0 (almost black screen but can see something moving), and the brightness keys don't work, did you get your backlight working? I might be missing something, maybe I can have a look at your complete config.plist? Thanks

but did you lost hardware encryption of h265?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back