Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi. I am new to this. I was able to get the purchased retail Snow Leopard DVD to install on my computer with an IDE hard drive. I was also able to install the kext with KextHelper to view my SATA hard drives after Snow Leopard installation.

The problem is that my BIOS doesn't have the option for it to be set to ACHI mode. I have a SATA hard drive that I would like have Snow Leopard installed on instead of the IDE hard drive. How do I have the Snow Leopard installation wizard recognize this SATA hard drive?

I have the same problem as you. I have an eVGA 780i SLI mobo with a SATA drive and Snow Leopard installation doesn't see the drive either.

From what I can gather our nForce boards do not have AHCI and I'm not sure how to get around that?

Anyone have any suggestions for us? :wave:

cola said:
I have the same problem as you. I have an eVGA 780i SLI mobo with a SATA drive and Snow Leopard installation doesn't see the drive either.

From what I can gather our nForce boards do not have AHCI and I'm not sure how to get around that?

Anyone have any suggestions for us? :wave:
Apple has never supported NVIDIA desktop chipsets so the retail installation methods here won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back