Contribute
Register

Help - Ventura Freezing at Login

Hi again.

You've had a lot of advice here, so forgive me if I miss stuff you have covered already...

I have built on the same motherboard with a similar CPU and not seen these issues. Currently I'm running the Z590i version and, well, the same.

So check your "ScanPolicy". Should be "0".

Only three SSDTs needed: -PLUG, -EC** and -AWAC.

USBPorts.kext for USB etc.

Login freeze is USB, or possibly AirportItlwm.kext.

:)

it has been a lot of advice, and it is all appreciated. So, I was confused as to whether I needed the SSDT-USBX that was generated when I made my USBPorts.kext. Some posts said no, others said it was needed for power management. But you're saying I don't need it, correct? ScanPolicy is, indeed, set to "0." And here are all the kexts I have (AirportItlwm.kext is 2.2.0):

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.27.20 AM.png

[Edit: And I'm not freezing at login anymore. I get in, but with no Bluetooth or WiFi, and NO additional drives show up in the finder. Once I get straight on any problems I might be having with my SSDT-DMAR.aml, I'm going to try to boot into Ventura again and see what's what.]

it has been a lot of advice, and it is all appreciated. So, I was confused as to whether I needed the SSDT-USBX that was generated when I made my USBPorts.kext. Some posts said no, others said it was needed for power management. But you're saying I don't need it, correct? ScanPolicy is, indeed, set to "0." And here are all the kexts I have (AirportItlwm.kext is 2.2.0):

View attachment 557609

[Edit: And I'm not freezing at login anymore. I get in, but with no Bluetooth or WiFi, and NO additional drives show up in the finder. Once I get straight on any problems I might be having with my SSDT-DMAR.aml, I'm going to try to boot into Ventura again and see what's what.]

Okay, understood. :thumbup:

Ah, now the reason I used the wildcard ** with EC above is because the latest Hackintool should give you an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, which combines the dummy controller you need with the power delivery patches. However the only compulsory thing needed is an EC on its own, but I use EC-USBX etc.

Try exporting a new set of files from the latest Hackintool app. :thumbup:

@medianjoe @Edhawk So, medianjoe, are you suggesting I delete everything in red from the config.plist? Or actually edit someone in the attached DMAR.aml? Or, Edhawk, is there anything wrong with the attached .aml?
The SSDT-DMAR.aml you uploaded looks fine. The ACPI/Delete section in config.plist should be like;

XML:
        <key>Delete</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>All</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Delete DMAR (Use with SSDT-DMAR.aml)</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data>RE1BUg==</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Okay, understood. :thumbup:

Ah, now the reason I used the wildcard ** with EC above is because the latest Hackintool should give you an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, which combines the dummy controller you need with the power delivery patches. However the only compulsory thing needed is an EC on its own, but I use EC-USBX etc.

Try exporting a new set of files from the latest Hackintool app. :thumbup:
@UtterDisbelief Okay, I'm running Hackintool 3.8.7, and when I run "Check for Updates," It says i have the latest. When I export from the USB tab, it gives me:

USBPorts.kext
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-UIAC.dsl
SSDT-USBX.aml
SSDT.USBX.dsl

And when I run the Corpnewt script, I get separate SSDT-EC.aml/.dsl and SSDT-USBX.aml/.dsl files. So, Im not sure why I'm not getting that SSDT-EC-USBX.aml file..

@UtterDisbelief Okay, I'm running Hackintool 3.8.7, and when I run "Check for Updates," It says i have the latest. When I export from the USB tab, it gives me:

USBPorts.kext
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-UIAC.dsl
SSDT-USBX.aml
SSDT.USBX.dsl

And when I run the Corpnewt script, I get separate SSDT-EC.aml/.dsl and SSDT-USBX.aml/.dsl files. So, Im not sure why I'm not getting that SSDT-EC-USBX.aml file..
ec and usbx aml files can be combined

the information in USBPorts.kext should have the info from SSDT-USBX.aml so no need to worry

The SSDT-DMAR.aml you uploaded looks fine. The ACPI/Delete section in config.plist should be like;

XML:
        <key>Delete</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>All</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Delete DMAR (Use with SSDT-DMAR.aml)</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data>RE1BUg==</data>
            </dict>
        </array>
@medianjoe To be clear, do I ADD this code, or do I REPLACE the code I posted with this code?

Replace it~.

@medianjoe Okay, I added it and I'm posting this from in Ventura right now with no Bluetooth or WiFi, and without being able to see ANY SATA or USB drives. Maddening. I feel like I'm so close. I will boot back into Monterey, replace the code, and try again.

ec and usbx aml files can be combined

the information in USBPorts.kext should have the info from SSDT-USBX.aml so no need to worry
@medianjoe Okay, I added it and I'm posting this from in Ventura right now with no Bluetooth or WiFi, and without being able to see ANY SATA or USB drives. Maddening. I feel like I'm so close. I will boot back into Monterey, replace the code, and try again.

I confess I'm a little lost as to what the issues are now. DMAR? Any reason to be remapping the Direct Memory Access table? I have not needed this on my Z490i Aorus Ultra or Z590i Aorus Ultra.

As for USB -

@Feartech is totally correct in that the "kUSBSleepPowerSupply" and "kUSBWakePowerSupply" and their respective current limits are included in the USBPorts.kext. However an Embedded Controller is not.

Hackintool is very intelligent and serves up what is needed at Export time. If you run it with an already existing dummy EC then it will not provide a new one.

My "double whammy" SSDT has EC code as well as the duplicate power code (USBX). You seem to have used one previously.

Also, I see the last EFI we saw was from October 26th. Has anything else changed since then?
We know you are using the 2.20 Ventura alpha release of AirportItlwm.kext.
You do not need IntelMausi.kext.
You do not need IntelBluetoothInjector.kext - it will lock the system since Monterey.
You only need the IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup.kext.

I keep SecureBootModel "Disabled" even after installation. Others do not.

@medianjoe @Edhawk @UtterDisbelief @Feartech

Gentlemen, I am in Ventura with WiFi, Bluetooth, ethernet, and all of my my SATA and USB drives showing up on the desktop and in Finder. It took a while to get my Magic Trackpad to connect, but it finally did. Magic Keyboard connected right away. I don't know from DMAR, but it seems to have done the trick. Alright, I'm ready to take the plunge on my main drive. Wish me luck, and I will report back.

Back