Contribute
Register

Help - Ventura Freezing at Login

Maybe... delete the data below the OemTableId in ACPI/Delete/DMAR. i.e.,

XML:
   <key>OemTableId</key>
   <data></data>

I’m in DC today, but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow! Thanks!

Post a copy of the system DMAR.dsl table dumped from Hackintool.

You do not want to be messing with or editing the system DMAR.aml table, as any edits you make won't work, even if you use MaciASL.

All edits to ACPI tables need to be undertaken to disassembled table files. Anyone who says any different is simply wrong.

Post a copy of the system DMAR.dsl table dumped from Hackintool.

You do not want to be messing with or editing the system DMAR.aml table, as any edits you make won't work, even if you use MaciASL.

All edits to ACPI tables need to be undertaken to disassembled table files. Anyone who says any different is simply wrong.
I guess you never tried it.

- "editing ssdt-dmar.aml with MaciASL" means not "editing the binary file" but "editing the disassembled dsl file". MaciASL automatically disassembles the aml to dsl so that user can edit the file in "text mode". When user press "save" button, MaciASL assembles the dsl to aml automatically.

- The "Dump ACPI" function in the Hackintool doesn't dump the DMAR table. If you want to get the untouched original table, you can boot with Clover and press F4, or use acpidump.efi and Openshell in Opencore. But, the DMAR file dumped by MaciASL is enough for this purpose.

That is not correct from what I have read in the many ACPI guides written by Rehabman’s on this site, and the ACPI guides on the Dortania site.

Use of maciASL does not automatically disassemble an aml table.

My understanding is that you never use an ACPI Machine Language Binary (aml) table for editing. You should always disassemble the aml table first, edit the resulting dsl table, compile the dsl table with no errors, and then save it as an aml table.

This edited and compiled table can then be used in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder, or if using Clover the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I don’t really care how you go about doing things, but I do care when incorrect information and processes are proposed for use by someone with less knowledge, and the process will lead the user to make a common but avoidable mistake.

Use of maciASL does not automatically disassemble an aml table. My understanding is that you never use an ACPI Machine Language Binary (aml) table for editing. You should always disassemble the aml table first, edit the resulting dsl table, compile the dsl table with no errors, and then save it as an aml table.

Welcome to 21st century. Nowadays people use MaciACL and don't do it manually anymore. You can download it here: MaciASL Release. To learn how to use it, here is the reference: How To Use MaciASL. For your quick reference, here is a quote;

So compiling DSDTs and SSDTs are quite easy with macOS, all you need is MaciASL (opens new window). To compile, just File -> SaveAs -> ACPI Machine Language Binary(.AML), decompiling is just opening the file in MaciASL.

@Edhawk This is a bit beyond me, but I have done the Hackintool ACPI dump a couple of times now and I don't see a DMAR.dsl in the folder... just a DSDT.aml/.dsl, and a whole bunch of SSDT.aml/.dsls.

@Edhawk This is a bit beyond me, but I have done the Hackintool ACPI dump a couple of times now and I don't see a DMAR.dsl in the folder... just a DSDT.aml/.dsl, and a whole bunch of SSDT.aml/.dsls.
when you open macIASL click File -> New from ACPI, is there an option in that list for DMAR?

BillG66 said:
<key>Delete</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>All</key>
<false/>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Delete CpuPm</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>

Q3B1UG0AAAA=
</data>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data>
U1NEVA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>All</key>
<false/>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Delete Cpu0Ist</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>
Q3B1MElzdAA=
</data>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data>
U1NEVA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>

@medianjoe @Edhawk So, medianjoe, are you suggesting I delete everything in red from the config.plist? Or actually edit someone in the attached DMAR.aml? Or, Edhawk, is there anything wrong with the attached .aml?

Attachments

• SSDT-DMAR.aml
    80 bytes · Views: 25
Last edited:
when you open macIASL click File -> New from ACPI, is there an option in that list for DMAR?
@Feartech Yes, that is how I got the SSDT-DMAR.aml I posted in my above post. Posting here, as well.

Attachments

• SSDT-DMAR.aml
    80 bytes · Views: 24
@medianjoe @Edhawk

Well, following medianjoe's steps, with Edhawk's guidance, got me into Ventura from my external Ventura test drive... with working ethernet (I kept the IntelMausi.kext in place, as I was unclear on whether to remove it). Apart from moving painfully slow (and that could be because it was loading a new OS for the first time from a USB drive), there was, of course, no Bluetooth or WiFi. The more curious problem is that none of my other external OR internal USB drives were showing up in the Finder. I went into System Report, USB, and it seemed to show everything that was connected, but other than the "Ventura" drive from which I booted, I couldn't see any other internal or external drives. I guess I've got a ways to go before my system is ready for Ventura prime time. I'll hold off to see if the community comes up with methods for enabling onboard Bluetooth and WiFi (or install my BCM94360CS2), while I figure out why my other drives weren't showing up in Finder.

View attachment 557491

Hi again.

You've had a lot of advice here, so forgive me if I miss stuff you have covered already...

I have built on the same motherboard with a similar CPU and not seen these issues. Currently I'm running the Z590i version and, well, the same.

So check your "ScanPolicy". Should be "0".

Only three SSDTs needed: -PLUG, -EC** and -AWAC.

USBPorts.kext for USB etc.

Login freeze is USB, or possibly AirportItlwm.kext.

:)

Back