Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus b85m-e/br
CPU
I5 4440
Graphics
Gtx 750 ti 2 gb and gt720
I installed the catalina and it is working, both on the gpu and on the cpu, it is working on both on vga, would I have to configure to work both at the same time, to be able to use 2 monitors, or will I have to use on only one ?, the monitors that I have here, they are just vga, I will have to buy an adapter. I'm new to this lol.

VGA is not supported on Mac OS. Most of the time you just wont get video output to the monitor and it wont be detected. Your best bet is to buy two cheap monitors with DVI; HDML; or displayport. If that is not an option, there are a few other methods...

You could buy a a digital (DVI, HDMI, DISPLAY) to analog (VGA) dongle / adapter off Amazon that is 'Plug & Play' as it's likely that a lot of these devices have Windows drivers only. Mac OS doesn't support Windows drivers and you won't be finding KEXT files for these oddball devices.

Anther option that MAY work is using a passive (no converter) adapter for DVI to VGA. It turns out that most DVI connectors have several analog pins which makes a passive adapter like this possible without a digtal to analog converter. If you plug the VGA monitor into this, your video card might detect the monitor as a DVI connection and output an analog signal. I have found that the resolution outputted is typically 800x600, as the analog VGA connection is one way. As with DVI, the monitor will report back to the GPU and give it the resolution; refresh rate; ect.

On Windows you'll have better luck with getting VGA to work right. The Windows drivers for these GPUs support something called EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) which allows the monitor to tell the GPU it's resolution.

So if this DVI to VGA adapter works, you'll have to mount your EFI partition in Clover Configurator; open your config.plist in Clover Config. Then under 'Graphics' you'll need to inject EDID and all the info for your GPU and monitor.

I can't guarantee that any of this will work... But hopefully it's helpful.

~Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back