Contribute
Register

HELP!!! URGENT!!! No Internet After XMP is Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 BIOS:F10
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan Edition
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
okay... so, as the title says, I decided to go for XMP after I get a super stable system which includes sleep (specs below in my sig) and I enabled XMP and changed memory performance from Turbo to Standard because I read somewhere on the internet that it would be better. but after this change in the BIOS, i booted up, got a slightly higher Geekbench, and noticed that I did not have anymore Internet cause firefox said Your computer is not connected to the server or something like that, and safari says that your computer is not connected to the internet, so i was guessing that it was the xmp problem. then i went to the bios and changed it back to before and rebooted, still no internet. did a load optimized defaults and a cmos reset, and reconfigure bios, but still no internet. reinstalled network drivers but still no internet. booted into the clone and before it was working, but now, still no internet. i'm guessing that it's just a coincidence and decided to try lnx2mac's revive dead NICs and tried every single way here
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2011/03/rev ... ports.html

but... still no internet. plz plz plz help and i need help ASAP, i'm guessing that it's a defective motherboard (running for 2 weeks). help!!!
I upgraded the BIOS to F8 and reinstalled the whole OS X system and still no luck. but... I installed Windows 7 and achieved a dual boot with OS X and surprisingly, windows 7 had internet! i'm using Shaw btw. please help! i would really like to get OS X surfin on the internet. os x version 10.7 Lion

Hi...

Can you give more details about "no internet":

Is the network card detected?

Does it show up in System Profiler?

Do you see stuff about it in the Logs (Applications>Utilities>Console)

rupps said:
Hi...

Can you give more details about "no internet":

Is the network card detected?

Does it show up in System Profiler?

Do you see stuff about it in the Logs (Applications>Utilities>Console)

sorry guys, a bit of an update

solved this issue by using the lnx2mac's newest driver, the v0.0.90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back