Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4P
CPU
E5-1650 v3
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I want to make this upgrade with Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Core 8GB OC.

Tried a straight forward PCI-E swap, but was getting i believe infinite loop, when the Apple load bar starts and automatically reboots on the beginning . As i was still on 10.13.2 tried a fresh install, again using @malki 's guide GA-X99-UD4 10.13 , updated for the 10.13.6 (thanks malki)

After successfully installing OS, when the time came for the Nvidia WebDrivers to reboot, i got same "infinite loop" as before. Already tried bunch of different combos by reading lots of posts regarding, infinite loops, nvidia web, pascal, and High sierra, but still no luck.

The Curious part is if I boot it from the USB on to the High Sierra drive, it will boot with proper Web Nvidia acceleration.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 209
if I boot it from the USB on to the High Sierra drive, it will boot with proper Web Nvidia acceleration.
Boot from the USB.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
I thought of doing that :oops: ... it worked! even after installing the missing kexts for the x99 build (though second reboot gave prohibited sign)

But i sure was hoping a lot more improvement on my video edit with this upgrade. I Have a Nvme for fast drive access, CPU is not maxed out on playback so I blamed it on GPU (8GB required for 4K footage).

Will now do a full clean OS install again (Just did the above efi on the backed up OS)

download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition
This could also be done with the new updated Clover configurator right?

Thank you!

This could also be done with the new updated Clover configurator right?
Of course.
The object of the exercise is to mount the EFI partition, how you do it is immaterial.

Of course.
The object of the exercise is to mount the EFI partition, how you do it is immaterial.
Thanks

Full clean install also worked as expected, everything smooth, apart from one or other boot will show the prohibited sign.

BUT i am still not being able to unleash this GPU full potential. C4D Cinebench Open GL only uses 33% of the GPU (Activity Monitor) Changed now to a iMac 15 def, but still the same

So those programs I used weren't doing the trick to Maxout the GPU, but i found this Unigine Heaven which actually maxes the GPU performance.

Anyhow as I'm not a gamer i didn't find the upgrade worth it so I'm again with 970GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back