Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
I tried to update to yosemite, but to no avail. Downloaded yosemite from app store > Repaired Disk permissions > ran update> reboot > installed ALC 892, enabled trim> reboot > repair Disk permissions. No update applied. I tried this 3 times and still the same, my OS is still running 10.9.5 and do not see any updates...

Background on my hackintosh.. i'm dual booting w/ windows, but have my SSD partition for Mac OS and a separate HDD for the windows partition. Any idea why this is not working? Am I missing something here? What else do I need to do?

I tried to update to yosemite, but to no avail. Downloaded yosemite from app store > Repaired Disk permissions > ran update> reboot > installed ALC 892, enabled trim> reboot > repair Disk permissions. No update applied. I tried this 3 times and still the same, my OS is still running 10.9.5 and do not see any updates...

Background on my hackintosh.. i'm dual booting w/ windows, but have my SSD partition for Mac OS and a separate HDD for the windows partition. Any idea why this is not working? Am I missing something here? What else do I need to do?

You need to create a UniBeast Yosemite installer. Then install over your Mavericks partition missing the step to format/partition your drive.

Important to read these steps before installation.
Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

ah.. i See.. i jumped into conclusions...

For the steps below, how do I remove/edit these?

Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

107204d1413557695-guide-update-os-x-mavericks-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-screen-shot-2014-10-17-10.54.34-am.png

Also when updating from Mavericks does it wipe out all my applications/file, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back