i7-860
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I recently updated my Hackintosh to 10.10.2 from 10.9.5 using Unibeast 5.1.0 and Multibeast - Yosemite 7.2.0.

The Unibeast upgrade seemed to go ok; Hackintosh booted back up to a working Yosemite install. Installed the Audio and FakeSMC Drivers from Multibeast, as well as the latest version of Chimera. On reboot however, Hackintosh hangs on the following image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3444313/Screenshots/nologo.JPG

Does anyone know what this is/how I can fix? After manually rebooting the system I then get the following CMOS Checksum error

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3444313/Screenshots/CMOS_Checksum.JPG

Going into the BIOS screen allows me to reload the correct BIOS and reboot the Hackintosh, but it hangs in the same place, and then I get the same CMOS Checksum error after a manual reboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running my Hackintosh on a GA-P55M-UD2 (Bios F11) motherboard.

Thanks,

Bruno

The first issue is often caused by the SATA controller not being in AHCI mode. This happens when CMOS resets. Check your BIOS settings and make sure AHCI mode is enabled.

The second issue is caused by AppleRTC.kext. If you get back to Yosemite, re-run Multibeast and choose Drivers-->System-->AppleRTC patch for CMOS reset, and it should solve the problem. As the original AppleRTC will still be loaded when you install the patch, CMOS will reset one more time on the next reboot, but should be stable afterward.

Thanks for the reply! I had made a backup before the upgrade and I am able to boot back into that (10.9.5).

I re ran Multibeast and installed the AppleRTC patch, but I still have the same problem when trying to boot up into the Yosemite installation. It boots up fine, I see the Apple Logo with a progress bar underneath, but then it hangs at about 25% and then I get the following image.

Any ideas what that image means?

Thanks,

Bruno

Attachments

• nologo.JPG
    nologo.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 116
That image means that it can't find any devices to boot from. I know that seems funny, since it already booted 25% of the way, but the basic first boot process is handed off to a second one, and the second one can't find anything to boot from. Since you can still boot mavericks, it's probably not a AHCI/BIOS problem and instead a problem with a missing or non-loading kext.

It looks like your motherboard uses a Gigabyte SATA controller, which isn't supported natively in OS X. If you again boot to mavericks, and run multibeast and do drivers-->disk-->3rd party SATA on the Yosemite drive, does that fix the problem? As an alternative to that, is the Yosemite disk plugged into a white SATA port on the motherboard? If so, unplug it and connect it to a blue one. The blue ones are provided by an intel SATA controller, which should be supported.

If you boot using "-v", where does it get stuck?

Thanks so much for the reply Prometa!! The 3rd Party Sata Kext had been previously installed, but I reinstalled it (along with audio, ethernet and FakeSMC Kexts), but I still can't boot up from the Yosemite HD.

Furthermore, I realized that I first need to boot up from either my Unibeast 5.1.0 USB drive or cloned Mavericks HD in order to get to the Chimera boot screen and then select the Yosemite HD to continue boot up, which then leads to the "No Folder" icon; Booting directly from the Yosemite HD results in the Hackintosh hanging on the "Loading Operating System" screen.

Booting from the cloned Mavericks HD and then selecting the Yosemite HD at the Chimera Boot screen from using "-v", I get the following:

Loading Darwin 10.10.2
Kernel cache file path = /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernalcache
Contents of /System/Library/Extensions is more recent than KernalCache (/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernalcache), ignoring KernalCache
Loading kernal /System/Library/Kernals/mach_kernal
Can't find /System/Library/Kernals/mach_kernal
Press a key to continue...

Pressing a key brings me back to the Chimera boot screen which shows the available bootable HD's, Mavericks HD (10.9.5) and Yosemite HD (10.10.2). Does any of the info help? Although I do have a working backup of the Mavericks HD, I do want to eventually upgrade to Yosemite, so any info on how to proceed next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruno

Well I managed to fix part of the problem, but I still can't boot using the Yosemite HD :(

After following the directions from this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

And deleting

<key>Kernal</key>
<string>mach_kernal<string>

and re-running Multibeast 7.2.0 with the following selected

Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode

I am now able to boot into the Yosemite installation, BUT ONLY as long as I use either my Unibeast 5.1.0 USB drive or cloned Mavericks HD to get to the Chimera bootloader screen.

Booting directly from the Yosemite HD results in the Hackintosh hanging on the "Loading Operating System" screen. Any ideas how to get past this? There is nothing else on the screen; only "Loading Operating System"

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Bruno

It looks like, to me, that Chimera wasn't installed properly on the Yosemite volume, or, if it is, the plist file isn't correct.

Can you paste the contents of the org.Chameleon.boot.plist files on both the Mavericks cloned drive and the Yosemite drive? I'm hoping a difference between the two will make it clear what the problem is.

Here are the contents of the org.chameleon.Boot.plist for the Yosemite HD:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And for the cloned (and working) Mavericks HD:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

It looks like the only difference between the two is the omission of the mach_kernal string and the inclusion of the kext-dev-mode=1 string on the Yosemite HD. Any ideas? Also, the Mavericks HD would be running whatever version of Chimera that was available in Multibeast 6.5.0; probably version 3.0.1

Thanks again for all the help!

Bruno

Here are the contents of the org.chameleon.Boot.plist for the Yosemite HD:

It looks like the only difference between the two is the omission of the mach_kernal string and the inclusion of the kext-dev-mode=1 string on the Yosemite HD. Any ideas? Also, the Mavericks HD would be running whatever version of Chimera that was available in Multibeast 6.5.0; probably version 3.0.1

Thanks again for all the help!

Bruno

Keep in mind only one version of Chimera can be used. The system (boot0/boot1) always starts Chimera (/boot) from the first HFS+ partition it finds.

I've reached the end of ideas I have, sorry. Hopefully someone else can chime in with ideas to fix the problem. it seems like a simple fix, but I don't know enough about Chimera to solve it. (I'm more of a Clover person)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back