Contribute
Register

[HELP] Unexplained random crashes with nVidia Web Drivers, happens across multiple macOS versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, the other day, on High Sierra I encountered some issue where seconds after booting into macOS, my computer will crash and restart. I've figured out that it's GPU related, as I don't encounter this when I boot with nVidia web drivers disabled. Now, I've always had issues with nVidia web drivers, but it's always been 100% stable when I wasn't doing anything heavily GPU related. Then, this issue cropped up outta nowhere, which was puzzling because I hadn't modified anything at any level (haven't touched my EFI, changed any BIOS settings, haven't even installed anything new in macOS, etc.). Asking on the CorpNewt Discord or ****** brought up no solutions, so I figured I'd just reinstall. I was frustrated at how unstable the drivers were in High Sierra compared to Sierra anyways, so I went back. So I went back, but after downgrading to Sierra and reinstalling the web drivers, the issue showed up again. And after a string of related and unrelated issues, I ended up doing several reinstalls of different versions. Tried a number of fixes and troubleshoots, and nothing helped.

Here's everything I've tried
  • Wiping my drive and installing 10.12.6, 10.12.4, 11.13.6, 11.13.5
    • Oddly enough I didn't encounter the issue on 11.13.6, beacuse instead it just crashed and restarted right before the login screen (here's the verbose log if it helps, but everyone I asked said they saw nothing telling)
    • Also tried out different versions of the Web driver for each OS version, to no success
  • Deleted and created a completely new CLOVER folder
  • Updated all my kexts
  • Verified BIOS settings
  • Updated BIOS
  • Tried different graphics cards - an EVGA 1060 3GB and an EVGA 1070 8GB
    • Both work 100% fine on windows

My setup
  • Z97 PC Mate
  • i7-4770k
  • EVGA 1060 3GB / 1070 8GB

I don't know if there's any logs I could check, but I attached my CLOVER folder in case any of you would like to take a look. I've probably spent 15 hours this week trying to sort this out, and I have deadlines to meet, which I need macOS for. Any help or input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    14 MB · Views: 153

irz

Motherboard
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try to forget about all *sensor.kextS
Dellete all sensors kexts. EmuVariable efi also no need in the latest clovers.

Try to check -disablegfxfirmware in boot section of congfig. Uncheck -v mode.
Try to change to iMac17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.