CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had various hackintosh's over the years and for the most part stuck with the profile macPro 5,1 which is basically what my macbook pro is - I use its serial for iMessage.

I'm in the process of putting together another one for a friend but I wanted to make sure I had the right profile, and on that note does changing the profile unlock optimizations for cpu, gpu etc?

The cpu he has is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz and will be using the same graphics card I have a R9 290x..

What would be the suggested profile and does it really matter? Sorry if this is covered in depth somewhere before.

I have had various hackintosh's over the years and for the most part stuck with the profile macPro 5,1 which is basically what my macbook pro is - I use its serial for iMessage.

I'm in the process of putting together another one for a friend but I wanted to make sure I had the right profile, and on that note does changing the profile unlock optimizations for cpu, gpu etc?

The cpu he has is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz and will be using the same graphics card I have a R9 290x..

What would be the suggested profile and does it really matter? Sorry if this is covered in depth somewhere before.

The suggested system definition for general use (and the one that is set by default in Multibeast) is iMac14,2. But the best match for your hardware would probably be iMac15,1 - which is a late 2014 iMac with your exact processor (i7-4790K).

Thanks @nobodynose , the question is using different profiles does it unlock more power or optimizations also. Any thoughts on that?

The suggested system definition for general use (and the one that is set by default in Multibeast) is iMac14,2. But the best match for your hardware would probably be iMac15,1 - which is a late 2014 iMac with your exact processor (i7-4790K).

I’ve been using 14,2 the last couple years on my rig (i5 4690k). Been experimenting with 15,1 as it’s more close to my hardware, was able to get native CPU PM with 15,1 but it was limited to 3.7Ghz turbo (the 15,1 definition created by clover is for mid 2015 which has the i5 4590. max turbo of 3.7) I’ve been trying to find a way to generate a 15,1 definition for the late 2014 model which has the i5 4690 but haven’t been able to find a smbios for that model. Dunno why clover only generates for mid 2015 and not late 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back