Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H370N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i3-8100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am completely new with Hackingtosh. I am trying to do my very first hackingtosh with the hardware specification by tonymac in Buyer's Guide June 2018.

Here my hardware:
GA-H370N
240gb SSD Kingston
8gb RAM Crucial 2400mhz DDR4
Intel Core i3 8100

I am trying to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#install and I stuck in STEP 4.

I boot from USB and at clover boot screen I choose "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra"
After that, some time later it fails showing a Stop icon.

So I decided to run with Verbose (-v) and Safe Mode (-x), Here What appear (Attached files)

What can I do?

Attachments

• IMG_9968.JPG
    IMG_9968.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_9969.JPG
    IMG_9969.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 238
What can I do?
"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.

Thanks to reply me :D

I tried this and works, I connected a hub to de bottom-most usb3 port below the ethernet.

But the instalation is taking too much time. It spend around 40min in the loading black screen with apple logo and now it stuck at language select screen (already 30min and nothing, I hit enter and nothing happens).

What can I do to install faster?

Thanks to reply me :D

I tried this and works, I connected a hub to de bottom-most usb3 port below the ethernet.

But the instalation is taking too much time. It spend around 40min in the loading black screen with apple logo and now it stuck at language select screen (already 30min and nothing, I hit enter and nothing happens).

What can I do to install faster?
See Post #2.

Here what I did and Works, took 3 and half hours but I reach the MacOS Desktop screen:

1. Connect a USB flash drive using a USB2 hub to the bottom-most usb3 port below the ethernet
  2. Enable Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
  3. Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
  4. Put USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (If you put your flash drive and it not appear, you have to mount the EFI partion, you can use https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/ for do this)
  5. Then, in /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist make sure that have PMHeart’s Patch (is the item 1 element at this image https://puu.sh/AJl6n.png (I opened the config.plist whit XCode, but you can use clover for that)) (This patch works for 10.13.4 and 10.13.5 MacOS Here’s for 10.13.6b: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-for-high-sierra.226072/page-12#post-1755102 )

But, after Multibeast the MacOS can not boot any more, the screen desapear when is in loading screen. I runned with verbose mode and the screen desapear 2 seconcs after the follow (attached).

I am think that can be something with graphic drive, I select intel HD 6xx at multibeast, is it correct, right?

Ps: Ichoosed IntelMausiEthernet at Network and both for audio:
  1. √ 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
  2. √ H310 / B360 / H370 / Q370 Audio Device ID Patch
Also I choose USBInjectAll at usb option and usb3.0 support and XCHI port limit. Is it right?

Attachments

• 58D1A7CD-9B9B-4C85-9170-3E4C5C87345B.jpeg
    58D1A7CD-9B9B-4C85-9170-3E4C5C87345B.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Here what I did and Works, took 3 and half hours but I reach the MacOS Desktop screen:
That is way too long, it usually takes about half an hour.

But, after Multibeast the MacOS can not boot any more, the screen desapear when is in loading screen. I runned with verbose mode and the screen desapear 2 seconcs after the follow (attached).

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Eject the USB.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Eject the USB.
Restart

Works! I appretiate a lot for you spend some time to reply and help me, thank you!

Here the last issue: Wifi is not working. Some display configs may missing to, the screen does not fit in the tv. (Attached file)

Off: here’s a tip for someone who is trying to figure out the keyboard and mouse not working on login password screen: Just connect to a USB2 port or use a hub.

Attachments

• BAFFF832-D835-488E-B768-990910D0E325.jpeg
    BAFFF832-D835-488E-B768-990910D0E325.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 283
Here the last issue: Wifi is not working.
Most motherboards that come with wireless use Intel which is unsupported and must be replaced.

Some display configs may missing to, the screen does not fit in the tv.
Ensure that the DVMT value is set to at least 64mb in your BIOS settings and install the Intel HD 6xx option from MultiBeast :

MB.png

Hey guys, I am completely new with Hackingtosh. I am trying to do my very first hackingtosh with the hardware specification by tonymac in Buyer's Guide June 2018.

Here my hardware:
GA-H370N
240gb SSD Kingston
8gb RAM Crucial 2400mhz DDR4
Intel Core i3 8100

I am trying to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#install and I stuck in STEP 4.

I boot from USB and at clover boot screen I choose "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra"
After that, some time later it fails showing a Stop icon.

So I decided to run with Verbose (-v) and Safe Mode (-x), Here What appear (Attached files)

What can I do?

You have the same motherboard as i do. the BIOS settings listed on the installation here i only managed to find 3 of those settings. #4, 6 ,7 i could not find in the BIOS. Did you?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.33.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.33.14 PM.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 248
Working on a build with these specs now... Having an issue on first reboot after hitting install - getting the "macOS cannot be installed on your computer"

Going to try Regular Sierra next but after that I'm kind of out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back