Contribute
Register

Help Trying to install High Sierra on GA-H370N with intel core i3 8th gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most motherboards that come with wireless use Intel which is unsupported and must be replaced.

Ensure that the DVMT value is set to at least 64mb in your BIOS settings and install the Intel HD 6xx option from MultiBeast :

View attachment 337666

Good to know, so I’ll use ethernet for internet.

About graphics:
I don’t know why, but did not worked. I booted from my SSD and runned Multibeast from USB, I will test booting from USB right now.

You have the same motherboard as i do. the BIOS settings listed on the installation here i only managed to find 3 of those settings. #4, 6 ,7 i could not find in the BIOS. Did you?

Focus in setings that have in the BIOS. Some of this settings not have.

I just set the VT-d, dvmt, fast boot, secure boot, xhci handoof and legacy USB3.

Good to know, so I’ll use ethernet for internet.

About graphics:
I don’t know why, but did not worked. I booted from my SSD and runned Multibeast from USB, I will test booting from USB right now.

Focus in setings that have in the BIOS. Some of this settings not have.

I just set the VT-d, dvmt, fast boot, secure boot, xhci handoof and legacy USB3.
Hello, FilipeTB. What I am going to buy are the same as yours, GA H370N Wifi and I3 8100. I have read many threads here about them and found that there are many issues on this motherboard and it seems very hard to get the IGPU acceleration of this CPU.
First, could you tell me what works and what doesn't work on your hackintosh?
Second, could you share your EFI if everything is ok with your hackintosh?
It would be very, very nice if you could create a step-by-step guide.

Hello, FilipeTB. What I am going to buy are the same as yours, GA H370N Wifi and I3 8100. I have read many threads here about them and found that there are many issues on this motherboard and it seems very hard to get the IGPU acceleration of this CPU.
First, could you tell me what works and what doesn't work on your hackintosh?
Second, could you share your EFI if everything is ok with your hackintosh?
It would be very, very nice if you could create a step-by-step guide.

I gave up and installed Windows 10. I could not get the IGPU working.

So I strong recommend you to buy i5 instead i3.

I gave up and installed Windows 10. I could not get the IGPU working.

So I strong recommend you to buy i5 instead i3.
Thanks for replying.
I noticed you have succeeded in installing a High Sierra on your computer except the 7Mb Graphic RAM. So, what makes your giving up is only the IGPU acceleration?

Got High Sierra up and running on a Gigabyte H370N WIFI + Core i3-8100.

Used the installation guide, with the following changes:

- As mentioned earlier in this thread, the only USB port that works (initially) is the bottom port below the ethernet, so either use a hub, or copy USBInjectAll.kext onto your USB drive (CLOVER/kexts/Other/) after UniBeast finishes making it.

- During the initial setup of macOS (after the install & welcome screen), when it asks "How do you connect?", select: "My computer does not connect to the internet". (This prevents setup from hanging. Networking will be set up later after running MultiBeast - it should automatically connect following MultiBeast & a reboot).

- In MultiBeast, install Drivers:
Audio: Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC1220
Network: Intel -> IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
USB: USBInjectAll

- After MultiBeast finishes, but before rebooting, open your HD's CLOVER/config.plist in an editor (MultiBeast leaves the HD's EFI volume mounted), and change the string value for Devices -> FakeID -> IntelGFX from "0x0" to "0x12345678".
(This is a copy of the value in the USB drive's config.plist, and prevents graphics blackout during & after booting).

Got High Sierra up and running on a Gigabyte H370N WIFI + Core i3-8100.

Used the installation guide, with the following changes:

- As mentioned earlier in this thread, the only USB port that works (initially) is the bottom port below the ethernet, so either use a hub, or copy USBInjectAll.kext onto your USB drive (CLOVER/kexts/Other/) after UniBeast finishes making it.

- During the initial setup of macOS (after the install & welcome screen), when it asks "How do you connect?", select: "My computer does not connect to the internet". (This prevents setup from hanging. Networking will be set up later after running MultiBeast - it should automatically connect following MultiBeast & a reboot).

- In MultiBeast, install Drivers:
Audio: Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC1220
Network: Intel -> IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
USB: USBInjectAll

- After MultiBeast finishes, but before rebooting, open your HD's CLOVER/config.plist in an editor (MultiBeast leaves the HD's EFI volume mounted), and change the string value for Devices -> FakeID -> IntelGFX from "0x0" to "0x12345678".
(This is a copy of the value in the USB drive's config.plist, and prevents graphics blackout during & after booting).
Thank you for sharing this. Can you tell us what doesn’t work in your hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back