Gigabyte H310M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone.
After a long week testing, installing and patching stuff, I finally have a functional install of High Sierra on the ASUS x456UB. All of the supported hardware works.

Last thing I got to work was the touchpad, an ELAN1000 (I2C). I patched the DSDT with the VoodooI2C patches, pasted the latest kexts in clover for injection and it works! The only thing is that when I release my finger, the pointer keeps moving until I tap the touchpad again, rendering it unusable. I remember reading about this issue in some thread but I was never able to find it again.

As a quick solution, I replaced the kext with an older one that someone modified specifically for the ELAN1000 and doesn't have this bug, but on the other hand it's not as smooth as the latest one. I also have to open the touchpad prefpane on startup to allow tap for click (had to download this prefpane since it was blank) which is annoying but its the only way I could fix it so far.

Does anyone know a workaround to fix that bug on the last version? Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Using the latest Clover and latest High Sierra; config.plist is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Hi everyone.
After a long week testing, installing and patching stuff, I finally have a functional install of High Sierra on the ASUS x456UB. All of the supported hardware works.

Last thing I got to work was the touchpad, an ELAN1000 (I2C). I patched the DSDT with the VoodooI2C patches, pasted the latest kexts in clover for injection and it works! The only thing is that when I release my finger, the pointer keeps moving until I tap the touchpad again, rendering it unusable. I remember reading about this issue in some thread but I was never able to find it again.

As a quick solution, I replaced the kext with an older one that someone modified specifically for the ELAN1000 and doesn't have this bug, but on the other hand it's not as smooth as the latest one. I also have to open the touchpad prefpane on startup to allow tap for click (had to download this prefpane since it was blank) which is annoying but its the only way I could fix it so far.

Does anyone know a workaround to fix that bug on the last version? Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Using the latest Clover and latest High Sierra; config.plist is attached.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Files attached, generated with the script. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_14858.zip
    925.9 KB · Views: 97
Attached EFI/clover.
About the kexts, I temporarily inject them all with Clover until I find out what exactly is happening with the touchpad and I know which ones will be installed permanently. Since I previously tested the VoodooI2c kexts by installing and got the same results, is it crucial that I install them to S/L/E? (on a previous MacOS install on the same laptop)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 181
Attached EFI/clover.
About the kexts, I temporarily inject them all with Clover until I find out what exactly is happening with the touchpad and I know which ones will be installed permanently. Since I previously tested the VoodooI2c kexts by installing and got the same results, is it crucial that I install them to S/L/E? (on a previous MacOS install on the same laptop)
kexts belong in /Library/Extensions

not /System/Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back