Gigabyte GA-Z270N - WIFI
CPU
i3-7320
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there,
I just got my first build fully working a few weeks ago. I have purchased the following two items off eBay:

NEW WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card MacBook Air 11" A1465 13" A1466 2013 2014 2015
and
BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS

to be able to have my wifi and bluetooth working. This was recommended on a forum on this website. My only problem is I have no idea how to install these on my mother board which is a ga-z270n wifi. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

You have to remove the stock card and replace it with what you have bought. On your board its pretty easy because the M.2 WiFi/BT card is exposed and not covered by some casing. Remove the screw in the following pic and place the card as shown in the 2nd pic.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.08.54 PM.png
Card.JPG

Thanks guys. I just installed them but now I’m not sure what to do to make the wifi work. Any ideas?

Any ideas on how to get wi-fi working? I checked airport utility and it says no configured airport base stations have been found.

I checked airport utility and it says no configured airport base stations have been found.
Airport Utility is for external not internal Airport devices.

That Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card should have native support. It's from MacBook Airs. I use the same card with the same adapter and never had to do anything other than plug it in and turn on the computer.

That Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card should have native support. It's from MacBook Airs. I use the same card with the same adapter and never had to do anything other than plug it in and turn on the computer.
So do you think I should open up computer and try to replug it in or make sure it is properly plugged or is there something I should try before I do that for example change a setting in the bios? I can't even open the airport right now?

Is the Bluetooth working? If it is, then I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's plugged in and seated properly.

Another thing to check would be BIOS to make sure that the card is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back