Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey guys first of all thanks haha

Im super new here... I want to make a nice Station to make some music with Ableton live.. and motu soundcard

for now i have selelect this component at amazon.. but im not really sure all will work :banghead::?:
i will take all the advice you bros can give me

List:

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 - Placa base (Intel, DDR3 Dual Channel, SATA, 4 x PCI, 6 USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0), negro

Samsung 850 PRO - Disco duro sólido (128 GB, Serial ATA III, 550 MB/s, 2.5"), negro

EVGA GeForce GT 740 SuperClocked tarjeta gráfica - GF GT 740 - 1 GB

Crucial BLT2CP8G3D1869DT1TX0CEU - Memoria RAM de 16 GB

Seagate Barracuda - Disco duro interno de 1 TB (SATA III, 7200 RPM, 3.5")

Corsair RM650x - Fuente de alimentación (100 - 240 V, 20+4 pin ATX, 47 - 63 Hz, 5 - 10, ATX, 80 PLUS Gold)

Intel Core i7-4790 - Procesador (3.6 GHz, Socket H3, 32 GB, DDR3-SDRAM

Still need to add cooler and and case :)

Thaaanks Again!

These parts should be fine.. Not sure you need the dedicated GPU if only doing music stuff.. You can probably get away with the internal GFX (HD4600). Less headaches anyway and if you need a dedicated GPU you can add later.. With SSD drives dropping in price, I see no need to put any spinning drives in builds anymore, but thats just me..

I suggest the Noctua CPU coolers for silent operations..

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey guys first of all thanks haha

Im super new here... I want to make a nice Station to make some music with Ableton live.. and motu soundcard

for now i have selelect this component at amazon.. but im not really sure all will work :banghead::?:
i will take all the advice you bros can give me

List:

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 - Placa base (Intel, DDR3 Dual Channel, SATA, 4 x PCI, 6 USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0), negro

Samsung 850 PRO - Disco duro sólido (128 GB, Serial ATA III, 550 MB/s, 2.5"), negro

EVGA GeForce GT 740 SuperClocked tarjeta gráfica - GF GT 740 - 1 GB

Crucial BLT2CP8G3D1869DT1TX0CEU - Memoria RAM de 16 GB

Seagate Barracuda - Disco duro interno de 1 TB (SATA III, 7200 RPM, 3.5")

Corsair RM650x - Fuente de alimentación (100 - 240 V, 20+4 pin ATX, 47 - 63 Hz, 5 - 10, ATX, 80 PLUS Gold)

Intel Core i7-4790 - Procesador (3.6 GHz, Socket H3, 32 GB, DDR3-SDRAM

Still need to add cooler and and case :)

Thaaanks Again!

These parts should be fine.. Not sure you need the dedicated GPU if only doing music stuff.. You can probably get away with the internal GFX (HD4600). Less headaches anyway and if you need a dedicated GPU you can add later.. With SSD drives dropping in price, I see no need to put any spinning drives in builds anymore, but thats just me..

I suggest the Noctua CPU coolers for silent operations..

I thought the same when it came to a music production build and a GPU however, some researching has proven me wrong. Supposedly a GPU is recommended as DAW'S can be demanding on graphics believe it or not and
takes some stress off of the CPU. Still not 100% though. I'd love to save a couple hundred (minimum) on a GPU and decide later if I want to drop my PS4 and plop down some serious cash for one.

I thought the same when it came to a music production build and a GPU however, some researching has proven me wrong. Supposedly a GPU is recommended as DAW'S can be demanding on graphics believe it or not and
takes some stress off of the CPU. Still not 100% though. I'd love to save a couple hundred (minimum) on a GPU and decide later if I want to drop my PS4 and plop down some serious cash for one.

Always wondered that myself, but I have been running a Pro Tools rig for 6 months without a GPU and run two monitors (one is a Slate Raven) and have never had any graphic issues that you describe above. I often run large session of over 100 tracks without issue..

My only reason for a dedicated GPU for me would be to fix a boot issue with both monitors connected. I cant boot the machine with both monitors connected. I have to boot with one, then add the other after the system is up and running..

Always wondered that myself, but I have been running a Pro Tools rig for 6 months without a GPU and run two monitors (one is a Slate Raven) and have never had any graphic issues that you describe above. I often run large session of over 100 tracks without issue..

My only reason for a dedicated GPU for me would be to fix a boot issue with both monitors connected. I cant boot the machine with both monitors connected. I have to boot with one, then add the other after the system is up and running..

Excellent feedback. Yeah I wouldn't want to spend a couple hundred minimum just to be able to dual boot monitors. At least I know now that I can save a couple hundo and maybe later if I decide to ditch the PS4 get a dedicated GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back