Contribute
Register

[Help] Thinkpad T540p lock screen and sleep problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

2880x1620 is a bit of a strange resolution for internal laptop display.
Are you certain?

But if so, it borders on HiDPI, which will require larger DVMT-prealloc (typically 128mb), framebuffer patch to match, WhateverGreen.kext with -cdfon kernel flag.

2880x1620 is a bit of a strange resolution for internal laptop display.
Are you certain?

But if so, it borders on HiDPI, which will require larger DVMT-prealloc (typically 128mb), framebuffer patch to match, WhateverGreen.kext with -cdfon kernel flag.

Yes, I am certain. Its a 3K Display. The first one i ever saw.

Let me check WG.kext with the flag

Must also have 128mb DVMT-prealloc and framebuffer patches to match.
Refer to config_UHD.plist in my y50 github repo for hints.

Hey bro i also have the f**in 3k Display and got my Laptop booted the last Time on Sierra... since then tried to get it to work for like 80 hours and finally gave up like 6 months ago... is yours working? If so could you tell me about your config and kexts? Do you have unlocked bios? I do so but i just couldnt get it to work. The optimus gpu and the 4 series intel cpu is just like seriously worst case

I tried on my W541 to use nosleep utility 1.5.1, and found out:
  • when closing the lid, the 3k display goes black
  • no sleep while the lid is closed
  • screen wake when lid open again (it doesn't go to black screen or flicker screen with black background)
  • sleep from menu the doesn't work (have to use hibernate 25, and close the lid before system power down is completed)

Last edited:
Hallo,
Everything is working on my lenovo t540p except display off for long time. Everytime I close display for 1-2 minutes and open it again it works fine but if it is closed for longer it stays black. Here is my efi folder attached. Please for a little help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 120
Has anybody solve the sleep problem or not?

Hallo,
Everything is working on my lenovo t540p except display off for long time. Everytime I close display for 1-2 minutes and open it again it works fine but if it is closed for longer it stays black. Here is my efi folder attached. Please for a little help.
what`s the macos version your device run, i want to replace my efi

what`s the macos version your device run, i want to replace my efi
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back