Contribute
Register

[Help] Thinkpad T540p lock screen and sleep problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me to check, It still get black screen while booting reach login screen.
( I have to rename SSDT-PNLF.aml SSDT-RMCF.aml to fake name to bootable to desktop because always get black sreen, then rename to origin name and gen debug log )
(I also press F2 then F4 at boot screen while boot with correct patch file name and get black screen, to gen correct log file into CLOVER/misc/preboot.log in case boot failed)
Please help me !

Need PR files to represent problem scenario.
Use remote desktop or external monitor to collect the files.

Need PR files to represent problem scenario.
Use remote desktop or external monitor to collect the files.
Can I collect gen debug via ssh

Attachments

• debug_20640.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
You might be better off with a fresh install. I don't know why AppleBacklight.kext didn't load (maybe you deleted it?)

Also, don't modify SSDT-PNLF.

Start with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

sorry I renamed AppleBacklight.kext to AppleBacklight_kext to disable it temporarily,
I renamed to correct (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext) and try again, but still no change, black screen when reach login

EDITED: sorry, It works after reboot second time.
but the maximum brightness bar still darker than normal

EDITED: I install another HS 10.13.6 to another partition, boot into 10.13.6 then brightness maximum is ok (do not copy any kext to /L/E still use same EFI folder with 10.13.1).

EDTIED: I install overwrite HS 10.13.6 to existing 10.13.1 (have backlight adjust already but still darker than normal ), boot get black screen, I remote login, and rebuild kext, it works after reboot.
then I try to disable AppleBacklightInjector.kext
by
sudo mv AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ AppleBacklightInjector_kext

rebuild kext and restart, => the ressult is better, brightness bar can adjust more bright than the old one. (check debug_8843_overwrite_install.zip)

Attachments

• debug_28364.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 151
  • debug_8843_overwrite_install.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
sorry I renamed AppleBacklight.kext to AppleBacklight_kext to disable it temporarily,
I renamed to correct (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext) and try again, but still no change, black screen when reach login

EDITED: I install another HS 10.13.6 to another partition, boot into 10.13.6 then brightness maximum is ok (do not copy any kext to /L/E still use same EFI folder with 10.13.1).

EDTIED: I install overwrite HS 10.13.6 to existing 10.13.1 (have backlight adjust already but still darker than normal ), boot get black screen, I remote login, and rebuild kext, it works after reboot.
by

rebuild kext and restart, => the ressult is better, brightness bar can adjust more bright than the old one. (check debug_8843_overwrite_install.zip)

In debug_28364.zip, you're using an incorrectly coded SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Refer to the guide for link to the correct code:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Hint: Do not modify code you don't understand.

by

you can try mine

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back