CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please help me to check, It still get black screen while booting reach login screen.
( I have to rename SSDT-PNLF.aml SSDT-RMCF.aml to fake name to bootable to desktop because always get black sreen, then rename to origin name and gen debug log )
(I also press F2 then F4 at boot screen while boot with correct patch file name and get black screen, to gen correct log file into CLOVER/misc/preboot.log in case boot failed)
Please help me !
Need PR files to represent problem scenario.
Use remote desktop or external monitor to collect the files.

Motherboard
thinkpad t540p
CPU
i5-4300M
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Need PR files to represent problem scenario.
Use remote desktop or external monitor to collect the files.
Can I collect gen debug via ssh

Motherboard
thinkpad t540p
CPU
i5-4300M
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please help me,
I use remote login to collect log, I alway get black screen after apply your latest guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222
You might be better off with a fresh install. I don't know why AppleBacklight.kext didn't load (maybe you deleted it?)

Also, don't modify SSDT-PNLF.

Start with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Motherboard
thinkpad t540p
CPU
i5-4300M
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
You might be better off with a fresh install. I don't know why AppleBacklight.kext didn't load (maybe you deleted it?)

Also, don't modify SSDT-PNLF.

Start with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
sorry I renamed AppleBacklight.kext to AppleBacklight_kext to disable it temporarily,
I renamed to correct (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext) and try again, but still no change, black screen when reach login

EDITED: sorry, It works after reboot second time.
but the maximum brightness bar still darker than normal

EDITED: I install another HS 10.13.6 to another partition, boot into 10.13.6 then brightness maximum is ok (do not copy any kext to /L/E still use same EFI folder with 10.13.1).

EDTIED: I install overwrite HS 10.13.6 to existing 10.13.1 (have backlight adjust already but still darker than normal ), boot get black screen, I remote login, and rebuild kext, it works after reboot.
then I try to disable AppleBacklightInjector.kext
by
sudo mv AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ AppleBacklightInjector_kext

rebuild kext and restart, => the ressult is better, brightness bar can adjust more bright than the old one. (check debug_8843_overwrite_install.zip)

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
sorry I renamed AppleBacklight.kext to AppleBacklight_kext to disable it temporarily,
I renamed to correct (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext) and try again, but still no change, black screen when reach login

EDITED: I install another HS 10.13.6 to another partition, boot into 10.13.6 then brightness maximum is ok (do not copy any kext to /L/E still use same EFI folder with 10.13.1).

EDTIED: I install overwrite HS 10.13.6 to existing 10.13.1 (have backlight adjust already but still darker than normal ), boot get black screen, I remote login, and rebuild kext, it works after reboot.
by

rebuild kext and restart, => the ressult is better, brightness bar can adjust more bright than the old one. (check debug_8843_overwrite_install.zip)
In debug_28364.zip, you're using an incorrectly coded SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Refer to the guide for link to the correct code:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Hint: Do not modify code you don't understand.

Motherboard
Thinkpad w540
CPU
i7-4800MQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
Android, Other

by

you can try mine

Attachments