Contribute
Register

[Help] Thinkpad T540p lock screen and sleep problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not have the correct AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed.

I took the one from your tutorial. Is it not the right one?

Install AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /L/E:
Code (Text):

sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions

And I feel like I shouldn't even need to mention this, as it is obvious... but you must remove IntelBacklight.kext (and/or ACPIBacklight.kext) from wherever you installed it.

And since after doing all these tasks it will be the first time you are loading AppleBacklight.kext, and this fix involves a Clover hotpatch, you will likely not have it working on first reboot. So right after booting with all components in place, rebuild cache:

Code (Text):

sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot.

You do not have the correct AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed.

Attached you will find the kext from your probook GitHub folder. This is not the correct one? So which one I should take?

Attachments

• AppleBacklightInjector.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 111
Attached you will find the kext from your probook GitHub folder. This is not the correct one? So which one I should take?

The one you attached is correct, but your ioreg proves that is NOT the kext you installed.

The one you attached is correct, but your ioreg proves that is NOT the kext you installed.

Hm, I installed this kext like mentioned in your guide, i. e.

sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions

Shouldn't it be:

sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /System/Library/Extensions

?

How did you see, that it is not installed?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-21 um 09.15.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-21 um 09.15.00.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 152

Okay, it works now. Finally I made the mistake to boot with another clover configuration and the made a kext rebuild based on that.

Now I made a kext rebuild with the right configuration with the help of an external screen.

Brightness Control works now. Thank you very much.

What about sleep / wake? The system does not wake up after sending into sleep. When I send the device to sleep it is okay. But as soon as I try to wake it up, fans are spinning shortly, but systems state stays in sleep.

Any idea on this?

Attachments

• debug_15738.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 220
Okay, it works now. Finally I made the mistake to boot with another clover configuration and the made a kext rebuild based on that.

Now I made a kext rebuild with the right configuration with the help of an external screen.

Brightness Control works now. Thank you very much.

What about sleep / wake? The system does not wake up after sending into sleep. When I send the device to sleep it is okay. But as soon as I try to wake it up, fans are spinning shortly, but systems state stays in sleep.

Any idea on this?

Kexts are not installed correctly.
Bad idea to have duplicate kexts /S/L/E and /L/E...
such as:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fefdb984550 [0x7fffa1ed7af0]> { URL = "Sinetek-rtsx.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fefdbff7590 [0x7fffa1ed7af0]> { URL = "Sinetek-rtsx.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx" }

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. Your patchmatic output cannot be disassembled due to duplicate content.
You can disassemble yourself and you'll see: iasl -da -dl *.aml

Your ioreg shows USB WiFi. USB WiFi is known to cause instability, especially with sleep. See FAQ for recommended WiFi hardware.

Your USB configuration also looks wrong. HS07 is marked internal, but nothing attached there (which doesn't make sense... internal ports, UsbConnector=255, should always be attached to something).

Due to these basic/obvious mistakes, I didn't check anything else.

0x0d220003 uses PWMMax=0x1499.
You did not configure for it.
SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes 0x0ad9 for Haswell (assumes ig-platform-id 0xa260006 and others which use 0x0ad9 for PWMMax).
As per brightness guide, must use SSDT-Config.aml and set RMCF.LMAX=0x1499.

Thanks for your fast reply
I install all kexts to
/L/E/
then rebuild kexts

but there is no changes,
after lock screen few second, monitor go off, and never wake up, sometimes flash (and dim darker then brighter).
it does not appear in logout mode.

recently I updated to macos high sierra 10.13.6
the backlight patch in the past is not working any more, I got black screen while booting reach login screen

and I read new your guide line, It seems SSDT-Config.aml no need any more,
and I tried to patch by your updated guide line, put only SSDT-PNLF.aml in patched folder, but there is no change, still get black screen

Why do you remove SSDT-Config.aml

attached DEBUG file in 10.13.6 and SSDT-PNLF
( I have to rename SSDT-PNLF.aml to bootable to desktop because always get black sreen, then rename to origin name and gen debug log )

Attachments

• debug_21191.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
recently I updated to macos high sierra 10.13.6
the backlight patch in the past is not working any more, I got black screen while booting reach login screen

and I read new your guide line, It seems SSDT-Config.aml no need any more,
and I tried to patch by your updated guide line, put only SSDT-PNLF.aml in patched folder, but there is no change, still get black screen

Why do you remove SSDT-Config.aml

SSDT-Config renamed to SSDT-RMCF (you should read the guide). Still required if need custom LMAX.

SSDT-Config renamed to SSDT-RMCF (you should read the guide). Still required if need custom LMAX.
Please help me to check, It still get black screen while booting reach login screen.
( I have to rename SSDT-PNLF.aml SSDT-RMCF.aml to fake name to bootable to desktop because always get black sreen, then rename to origin name and gen debug log )
(I also press F2 then F4 at boot screen while boot with correct patch file name and get black screen, to gen correct log file into CLOVER/misc/preboot.log in case boot failed)
Please help me !

Attachments

• debug_4045.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back